Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1424262728

Thread: It's time to boycott EA

1. Past 4 years EA > SEGA.

Teh End.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    Everyone that owns stock in EA raise your hand..

Our loss.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    EA was bad enough when their mediocre games were all bestsellers based on the EA name and marketing, but now they're committing a cardinal sin. Sega made a landmark move that was creative, brilliant and a huge win for the consumer by making a fantastic sports product, giving it the ESPN moniker and pricing it at 20 bucks to compete with EA. EA freaked out, dropped their own prices then a month later just said "Fuck it, let's just not let you make games in the first place" and bought exclusivity for a HUGE sum on the NFL and are in negotiations to buy it for the NBA and MLB.

This is a monumentally brutal blow to the consumer, as competition is what drives quality up, prices down, and gives us options on how we want to play our favorite sports in videogame form.

As long as EA has exclusivity on the major sports, I will not buy EA sports games or any other EA-developed games. Who's with me on boycotting EA?
    I agree with you brother, but let's not forget!
    It is sad with what just happened to us all as consumers but we can't forget that the NFL is also responsible for this act. We must also ban against the NFL from allowing this to happen.

Think about it! Why would the nfl and players association allow this to happen? They are making a ton of money as it is! So they're not hurting to raise capital for anything. This happened because Sega and VC put out a far more superior product for far less (sounds like they were working for US).

Email the Players Association and NFL, write to your congressman and get the word out! Tell your friends, help the brainwashed (MaddenLovers). Now all creativity is lost in the balance.

That's a good point my friend and I do respect your opinion, but regardless of if you had exclusive rights to whatever it is you manufacture; how is the quality? This makes a big difference to the consumer. Imagine if McDonalds bought out exclusive rights to making burgers? We'd stop this act before it ever took flight! I (along with millions of other consumers) believe that EA Games develops poor quality games. The NFL and Players Association (should've left their names lowercased) should have put a little more thought into this deal! They've actually lossed me as a fan and dedicated consumer. I'd rather play generic professional football than pay for sub-par videogaming. This is 2005 and each year should have jaw dropping innovative new ideas instead of cut and paste development with a couple of new code lines. Don't waste your moneies on EA GAMES, its a FALLACY!

Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Past 4 years EA > SEGA.

Teh End.
    Your just brainwashed buddie!

LOL Guest
    LOL!

5. All this is EA killing an ant with a sledgehammer. The NFL 2K games were never better than the Madden games.

When EA bought the exclusive rights, I heard Stephen A. Smith yell out "IT'S OVA!"

6. Oh.

I heard him yell "whoever makes statements like that is lame"

7. Where the hell did all of these n00bs come from?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Where the hell did all of these n00bs with shitty user names come from?
    Fixed.

"hung lo"