Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gantz' Horrible US Release Gimmick

1. I just buy the Hong Kong "Perfect" Boxsets. I am also cheap.

2. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl20
    I just buy the Hong Kong "Perfect" Boxsets. I am also cheap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pir8.jpg 
Views:	994 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	13151  

3. Bacon, that was a legally forced change, and is a bit different than a site mis-spelling a name spelled correctly in the subtitles. Roufuss, anime costs more to license than "regular" TV series, ergo the higher disc prices. That doesn't really cover only putting 2-3 eps on a disc though, which doesn't fly now when so many other products are on shelves, and offer a better deal per-episde. This wasn't an issue with VHS since so few shows were even released on VHS.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. This will be non censerod version right for the first half..

5. Yea they are only releasing the un-cut first season in the states. I dunno if the second season is even cut, cause I've not seen a cut version of it out.

6. I was at best buy today and seen the first Gantz dvd. They have it for like 11 bucks which isn't so bad. Its like 17 bucks for the dvd and series holder.

7. You're complianing about $17 for a starter boxset. believe me be greatful you're not a anime fan in the Uk.
    Get ready for the mind fry!
    Lain
    Vs
    texhnolyze
    Vs
    Boogiepop Phantom

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    I was at best buy today and seen the first Gantz dvd. They have it for like 11 bucks which isn't so bad. Its like 17 bucks for the dvd and series holder.
    It's still a stupid gimmick, but at least it's priced fairly. 'Specially placed next to, say, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I'd even consider a purchase, had I any money.