Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode I Final Duel vs. Episode II Final Duel

zidane747 Guest

Episode I Final Duel vs. Episode II Final Duel

*WARNING: EPISODE II SPOILERS AHEAD - PROCEED WITH CAUTION*

I wanted to know which fight you thought was better: Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Darth Maul in TPM or Anakin/Obi-Wan/Dooku/Yoda in AOTC. I personally think that the Duel of the Fates in Ep. I was much better. It was way better choreographed, and a lot faster. The Yoda/Dooku scene did kick major ass(I was in tears when I saw it), but the Anakin/Obi/Dooku fight was a little short and lacking, not like in Ep. I. Now I wanna hear your opinions.

Easily Episode II. Largely because of the villians.

Darth Maul was totally disposable, worthless on every way. I know it's been said before, but he didn't even need a name, he could've been just called "Final Light Saber Fight Guy with Red Face" and it would've made no difference. The character lacked substance, its hard ot make a good character with 2 lines of dialogue. This is also apparent in my dislike of Boba Fett.

Dooku was cool though man, he was a deep character. He was kind of like the evil Yoda (ironically) since he always seemed like he was inside your head, like he could take you out at any second but he'd rather bide his time. He was far mroe developed and flat-out cooler than Darth Maul, making Episode II's final fight far better.

Plus, for God's sake man, Episode II had fuckin' YODA! KICKING ASS! IT ROCKED!

Let's see I pick Episode 2 but with that said nothing compares to the original trilogy and its duels/battles.

Korian

4. Well, Both battles are exciting. EP1 duel wins in fight choreography category, since Darth Maul was a great fighter, and he was more skilled and expirienced in both force use and light saber use, then 2 of the good jedi. If not for the happy end, there is no way, they would have beat him, he was just more skilled then them.

In EP2 duel wins in coolness and excitement area. As always Dark Side master is more skillfull and strong then good jedi, and you can see how Dooku toys with Anakin and Obi-one, and only Yoda can offere some kind of resistance, on the same level of him. Anakin foolishly attacking Dooku, only could lead to one result, since he wasnt even on the same level of power, and Obi-one couldnt offer much resistance either. But Yoda is quite different story, being a grand master fo jedi, and practicing Light side of the force for hundreds of years, did made him extremely powerful, and his display of skills was a kickass, so it was only him who could be a good opponent to Dooku in that duel, and even him was just a match, and not superior. But seeing him flip and fly and swing his little green saber, was the best moment of the film.

As for Light saber duels in Original Trilogy, they dont compare well to new SW films. They are slow, boring and not much fun. Luke in SW, is jedi wanna be, and his skills are not good yet, at least in first 2 films(SW,ESB), and only in Return he shows little bit of improvement. As for Vader, when he gained the armor, who lost his mobility so we cant expect him doing flips in the air in that heawy thing But at that times Lukas didnt have a fancy fight choreographer, and US wasnt influenced by Asian school of martial arts in the movies yet, plus there were no wire technologies or advanced cgi to make actors fly in the air

I wonder how would Mace Windu stand up against Dooku, will he be at his level, or subpar as Obi and Ani. I cant wait till in EP3 Anakin goes against Jedi council, destroying them all. That will be one spectacular battle, or I hope it will

5. Uh, Despair, I seriously doubt that Mace will face off with Dooku, for a very simple reason: when he decapitated Jango, and later when Boba held the helmet up to his head, I knew that Boba was going to spend the next 5 years (or whatever the gap is between ep. 2 & 3) of his life training, honing his skills to deadly perfection for a single purpose: to make that motherfucker with the purple lightsaber bleed, scream, and finally, once he can no longer feel pain, die.

And since Boba's the one still around in the classic trilogy...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Yes, Perrin, its actually a good point. But will Bobba be old enough to be able to kill Windu in EP3, if its him who takes that Jedi out? Or his death will happen behind the scenes, and that would majorly suck.

7. Episode II spanks every other lightsaber battle in the series.

I have NEVER seen as much excitement over such a short battle. Yoda owns everyone's asses.

Episode I eats Episode II for breakfast, or any other hearty and nourishing meal for that matter, in this respect.

Yoda was cool and all, but it was over so fast and was blurry when it happened it was worthless; I felt it was very very poorly executed. On the other hand, when I first saw Episode I's lightsaber battle I sat there with my mouth wide open in awe - Episode II's battle was rather lackluster in comparison. I guess it was set up kinda right (to show off everyones powers in comparison to each other) but I just did not like it.

9. The surviving jedi getting a limb hacked off is always better than the surviving jedi not getting a limb hacked off, and Yoda kicking ass is always better than Yoda not kicking ass.

II > I

10. I agree with Chibbi's reasoning, but I must say that the light saber fight was way too short in Ep. II. It should have been a little longer, but I like how George is trying not to repeat himself in his duel sequences; i.e., having 2 jedi fight the head bad guy at once (like in Ep. I again). And bringing in Yoda to throw down definitely was uber cool...anyone notice how Doku's saber was slanted off to the side, almost at an angle from the base, kind of like how the Gunblade is constructed?
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Redterrier