Page 102 of 230 FirstFirst ... 8898100101102103104106116 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    Did Vanessa still get both of her outfits in the VF4:evo US release?
    Nope - the 1P outfit was cut and replaced with a 2P variant. Being Supreme Queen Dork that I am, I refuse to use the 2P outfit on principle when I play FT in arcades.

2. Quote Originally Posted by takuhi
    Hey all!

Reubus - What the hell are you up to these days? Yeah, I'm still alive! I'm now trying to remember what arcane copy editing debate we managed to maintain for months. Do you recall?
    Heh, that "stll alive" jibe was tossed Craig's way, not yours! And "arcane copy editing debate"? I can't even come close to recalling specifics. I remember a debate or two, but nothing specific as far as what they were about! Allow me to second Wolfie's question: What are you up to these days? Weren't you on your way to Japan to teach or something?

Nick: Drop me an e-mail, I almost forgot about that book! BTW, I still (!) haven't finished reading it. I can't seem to wrap my brain around some of that math shit. It starts about a third of the way into the book, but by a couple chapters later, I'm lost! If you made it through that crap, following that math, then by god (raises frosty mug) here's to ya! =]

3. Quote Originally Posted by takuhi
    Dolomite! You rocked in Shaolin Dolomite. Really. Great flick.

Hey, I thought that flick sucked, but thanks. I prefer The Human Tornado any day.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNormality
    Jen's a looker
    Eh.

She's a great artist and her site rocks, though.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by takuhi
    And I think part of the reason is out of respect for a certain GF staffer who is actually on these boards. Um... So what do you say, Andrew? Can we tell the really, really great stories? Now that you've found Jesus, surely embarrassing stories of your misspent youth will help you repent past sins and cement your bond with the lord? Yes? No? Maybe?
    You can say what ever you want. My memory from back then is not too good because of the amount of weed I was smoking and my marriage problems. You probably have some great stories that I might need to hear. So, please go ahead.

Andrew

PS: here is my email if anyone wants it:

jcislife@gmail.com
    Last edited by JesusisGod; 31 Jan 2005 at 01:06 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    Heh, well Wolfinger thinks she's hott.
    More power to him, then. She just doesn't do anything for me at all.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I'm curious to know how ECM became ed-in-chief. It seemed like almost overnight.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

I was thinking about that, too. Seems that he got hired without most people's consent, and then one day he's editor-in-chief.

My guess? Dave Halverson is a stupid asshole.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Maybe he had some pics of people in compromising positions...

...kind of like the ones I have of you.

Are they from the time Parcher thought I was a girl?

>_>
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I was thinking about that, too. Seems that he got hired without most people's consent, and then one day he's editor-in-chief.

My guess? Dave Halverson is a stupid asshole.
    He got his start in #GF_Tavern chat, actually. I dunno how he managed to get pulled out of there and put into a position of employment - we just heard one day he was going in for a job interview. As far as I know Halverson never come into the chat, but somehow, he liked the guy. *insert derogatory variation of "great minds think alike" here*

Anyone have more details on this?

Also, does anyone remember the old location test Street Fighter Alpha 2 preview? Supposedly that was written by Slasher Quan around the time he left to do work elsewhere, and Dave was so pissed that he had the name at the article's end changed to "B. Stabber". Any truth to this? (It IS in the mag, tho - I have that particular issue still.)