Page 13 of 230 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. What issue was that Cybermorph review in? I'll dig through my old stack and scan it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Just here to add my thanks to everyone for the stories in this thread. Like everyone else here I had a soft spot for Gamefan, no matter how over the top it got sometimes, and reading these stories makes me want to root through boxes and find what I'e got of it. Not as many issues as I'd like, and mostly from the end run of the magazine. Hmm...

Shidoshi, assuming you don't have dozens of copies of them, if you want something you can destroy to make scans I can donate them to the cause when I find them.

James

3. That would kick ass if Gamefan made a return...hehe

4. That makes me wonder who owns the trademark to the name.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    A few more quick stories from the days of GameFan...
    I love this thread. Thanks for the stories Shidoshi. Those are some good ones.

....but this one's got them all beat:

Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    Oh, there's a doosy of a story behind that one. I shit you not, but Halverson was high on acid when he wrote the Cybermorph article, along with half the staff. We had just pulled a couple of all-nighters in a row, which was the norm at deadline times. Apparently, when The Enquirer came back to work the next morning, he dropped some acid in the coffee pot, which most of the crew, including Halverson, drank from. I wasn't a coffee drinker at the time so I didn't really notice anything unusual and didn't learn what was going on until George started threatening to murder Cockburn.

So, re-read that Cybermorph article now that you know he was on acid, and it'll shed new light on just why he thought it was such a great game.
    That's too funny for words. Dolemite I hope you can find that issue because I'd hate to have to call up my parents and bug them to dig through old Gamefans for me.

6. Hmm, I got nothing else to do tonight so I might as well go through my old Gamefan mags again...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    What issue was that Cybermorph review in? I'll dig through my old stack and scan it.
    December '93. I've been looking for a transcript or something on the web since my original copies are long gone, but to no avail. Man.. that was over 10 years ago.. I feel old..

8. Someone needs to write a book.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza
    December '93. I've been looking for a transcript or something on the web since my original copies are long gone, but to no avail. Man.. that was over 10 years ago.. I feel old..

It was posted here before, during an older version of this topic. However, when I looked for it, all that I found was diffusionx asking for it over a year ago and mentioning that he knew it was posted here before but couldn't find it, so I guess it was posted on one of the older versions of the board. =\

10. All I recall of the Cybermorph review is dave babbling on about the amazing detail of the landscapes, and the little people in the buildings "Waving at me". That review is fucking riot. Cybermorph was also given the honor of Game of the Month for that issue, and that "Game of the Month-Die-Hard GameFan" was in the ads for Cybermorph.