Page 16 of 230 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    I don't believe that's the right Cybermorph article. The acid one was more pages. I do, however, love how he calls the layout artist (which was probably Jacob Riskin or George Weising at the time), "my trusty Quadra operator". What an assface.
    I scanned the first 2 pages of the overview. I figured that would be enough info, to show that it didn't sound like someone on acid. Anyways, here are the remaining pages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	168.JPG 
Views:	1332 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	13312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	169.JPG 
Views:	1133 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	13313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	170.JPG 
Views:	1103 
Size:	378.6 KB 
ID:	13314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	171.JPG 
Views:	1156 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	13315  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	172.JPG 
Views:	877 
Size:	271.6 KB 
ID:	13316  

2. Good God, now I want to play Cybermorph again.

*shakes fist* Damn you, Halverson!

3. Thanks for those scans.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    Okay, and then there was Kei (Special K). Kei was Japanese. He was the one who translated all the Japanese games and magazines for Dave and co. so they knew what the hell all the little jap bastards were talking about. Dave had a dog. He had two dogs, actually. One was a pug named Puggle and the other was a small white furball named Snowball. Both male. Both spent a lot of time at the offices. Puggle was dumb as stump and thought Snowball was a female and would routinely test that theory. Kei thought this was the best thing ever and would show how he was not afraid to manually take care of Puggle's needs, right in front of whoever was around to see. Kei also confided to whoever happened to be listening that he was not jealous of American men. He explained that American men may have large penises, but they were not able to have very stiff erections because of that. He went on to say that Japanese men had small penises, but enjoyed the luxury of VERY hard erections (illustrated with a shaken fist in the air, arm bent at the elbow). I wasn't sure at the time, but now that I've met more Japanese natives, I'm relieved to find that these aren't just normal Japanese social behaviors and Kei was a little off base. I don't think he was gay.

Still, Kei was a pretty nice guy and we were friends. We actually printed one or two of his Japanese magazines within a magazine inside PS-X. I forget what he called it then. Will edit this when I get back to the office and look.

5. Cybermorph in my mind has encompassed many things. A texture-mapped tour-de-force is not one of them.

6. "...filled with vivid, brilliant colors and detailed polygon enemies, that seem aware of my presence..."

That sounds like the acid talking to me. Enemies that are aware of your presence? Uh yes, Dave, they've had that in games for a while.

And besides, there's no doubt that it was true. I was *there* when it happened.
    Last edited by djpubba; 30 Dec 2004 at 10:43 PM.

7. Yeah, Thanks for the scans Gamevet.

And I wasnt aware that Halverson on Acid sounds just like Halverson not on acid. How do you tell the difference?

8. Heh, I remember reading quite a few reviews Dave did in Gamefan and wondering what he was on. I would say that about 90% of the time he was spot on with his Viewpoints, though, and I'd habitually first check to see what E.Storm thought of the current batch of games that month before reading the others. I knew that he was multiple personalities in the magazine, but never thought about him doing multiple Viewpoints as those characters. I'll have to reread some of my back-issues now to check them out.

These are hilarious stories, guys. It's a bit of a late entry, but I'm going to have to nominate this for...

THREAD OF THE YEAR.

9. Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    "...filled with vivid, brilliant colors and detailed polygon enemies, that seem aware of my presence..."

That sounds like the acid talking to me. Enemies that are aware of your presence? Uh yes, Dave, they've had that in games for a while.

And besides, there's no doubt that it was true. I was *there* when it happened.
    He did sound like he was trippin on the colors.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Super-Eggroll
    THREAD OF THE YEAR.
    No contest.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in