Page 208 of 230 FirstFirst ... 194204206207208209210212222 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. 15 years later i still want my money.. fuck this noise

2. You know what, I'm getting to the point where I want to work for Halverson again, just so I could go in and turn GameFan into something good. He somehow has the money to blow on printing issues, and he's wasting it by half-assing the magazine.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. No. Stop it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    You know what, I'm getting to the point where I want to work for Halverson again, just so I could go in and turn GameFan into something good. He somehow has the money to blow on printing issues, and he's wasting it by half-assing the magazine.
    You could turn it into something good just in time for it to cease to exist. I can understand wanting to be in print again, though. Write a bit for him under an alias? Sashimi Y, imo.

5. Oh god, I just looked at the latest issue. Why would you do this Dave? The Destructoid section of the magazine make the GF section look like a joke. It's got 1000x better art and design direction, it's full of fun and different stuff, and it feels like it has a personality. Like, this is seriously embarrassing. This isn't going to keep GF alive, it's just going to make people want a Destructoid magazine without the GF junk attached.

This is like if McDonalds, in trying to save their company, was like, "Hey, let's get a far better burger joint to share the space with us, and help them to offer reasonably-priced burgers. We'll be a great pair!" Don't invite someone into the mag to make your content look like garbage, BUST YOUR ASS TO MAKE YOUR CONTENT THAT LEVEL OF QUALITY AND MAKE THEM WANT YOUR MAGAZINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    No. Stop it.
    Don't worry, I have no actual plan to. Dave would never accept me as I am on his staff, and at this point, I could just start my own publication and have just as much chance for success as if I teamed up with him. I'll do that, get popular, and then turn the tables and hire him.
    Last edited by mollipen; 02 Jul 2015 at 10:24 PM.

6. That is kind of what McDonald's did with Chipotle...

=[

8. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    Don't worry, I have no actual plan to. Dave would never accept me as I am on his staff
    You think so?

9. That all depends on what you mean by "staff".

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    You think so?
    He though I was a freak for wearing black fingernail polish, and reminded me of it 13 years later. So, yeah.