Page 209 of 230 FirstFirst ... 195205207208209210211213223 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    He though I was a freak for wearing black fingernail polish, and reminded me of it 13 years later. So, yeah.
    Coming from a guy who had questionable taste in clothing in the 80s, he's one to talk.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. I just spent the last 4 hours reading hardcoregaming's condensed version of this thread (it also added in bits from other forums that rolled out of conversations begun in this thread). I realize it's just nostalgia joy pumping through my veins right now, but (re-)reading all the stories about the people behind the mag that helped focus my love of gaming has given me such a rush.
    It was over 20 years ago that I bought my first issue of Gamefan, but it feels yesterday. I would walk out of the Babbages/Software Etc./Electronics Boutique that I bought the mag, find the nearest bench, and sit and read the mag cover to cover right there. Then go home and read it again.

3. Ah man, re-reading gaming magazines an just wearing them down. Takes me back.

I took absolute shit care of things back then. Never knew I would regret it later.

4. I loved Gamefan so much I even read the sports game articles, and I hate sports games.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I really liked their College Football '96 review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I loved Gamefan so much I even read the sports game articles, and I hate sports games.
    Yup same here, I'd pretty much read each issue cover to cover.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I can honestly say GF was my favorite magazine. Read it cover to cover they day it came in. I should have hung on to some issues.

8. I miss that era of gaming. Back when there was still excitement getting a magazine in the mail, reading through it and seeing all of these games that you'd never seen or heard of before. It was the era before we had an endless stream of trailers and screenshots and every little details you could dole out as part of a marketing plan doled out and put up on countless website. GameFan was one of the most amazing things ever, because it spoke perfectly to the kind of gamer I was.

Also, god dammit SSJN.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. So hey, did you steal veela's job?

10. ...kinda? I really didn't know what was up until I was brought on and put into that position, so I'm not sure if she was leaving and they had me as an option, or if they wanted to replace her and I gave them the opportunity to.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.