Page 24 of 230 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Now we just need Halverson to pop in here and we have got one hell of a party!!! Gamefan rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun
    Halverson was indeed an asshole. You shoulda seen the shit he pulled on System Zero a long time ago.

Utter Bullshit.
    Please proceed.... Keep these stories comin'!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    but lucifer doesnt have a mother......or does he?
    Ah yes... this is true...

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    That explains why he can keep starting magazines after fucking over previous ones and leaving them in the dust.
    Seems to be his M.O.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thats hot, way better than working on fucking videogame mags.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time at GameFan and loved doing the work and met some really great people, but yeah, it was nice to move on as well.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kevincal
    Now we just need Halverson to pop in here and we have got one hell of a party!!!
    don't even say that, he probably does some beetlejuice shit where he shows up and never goes away when you say his name 3 times

4. halverson halverson halverson

On the plus side of Halverson, I bought Rush: Chronicles because he would never shut up about the band. Geddy Lee's voice is an acquired taste but there's some classic stuff on there.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerks
    halverson halverson halverson
    I was about to do the same thing. Except mine was gonna be:

::chants::

HALVY! HALVY! HALVY!

Then I decided it was too gay.

7. All this talk makes me want to go and pull the Bergstein/Metropolis (Game Cave) file. I can at least tell you how some of the ugly litigation turned out. Most of the allegations were what you'd expect -- lots of hooks onto investors, and then a fabulous disappearing act with the money.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

8. Oh yeah, do it. I wish I could post some of the choice parts of the depositions from when they sued Dimension.

Here's some memorabilia I dug up:

That's the catalog which eventually turned into GameFan. This was made before I even had my own Mac. I did it at my workplace on a proprietary Harris PLS system which was used primarily to do the ads on shopping carts and the back of grocery store receipts.

That's a shot of the retail store that we started GameFan in the back of. This was on Ventura blvd in Tarzana, CA. Note the front door looks like a floppy disk. So 80's.

That's us making the magazine on my IIx. Left: Cockburn. Middle: Halvy. Right: Me. This was pre-issue one. Cockburn was taking a GameClub order.
    Last edited by djpubba; 03 Jan 2005 at 12:34 AM.

9. This thread needs to be stickied or something.

Thread of the year.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    This thread needs to be stickied or something.
    True dat.

Thread of the year.
    2004 & 2005
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in