Page 26 of 230 FirstFirst ... 122224252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Uh oh... ex-GameFan staffer +1. *heh*

Like I said, I'm willing to believe he's changed. I don't agree with a lot of the things that went down during my time at GameFan, but I also know that if you don't know the whole story on things, it is easy to fill in the gaps with mis-information and incorrect assumptions. Sort of the same way that it's easy to form an opinion of somebody know you only via the internet that ends up being wrong.
    Actually Tim Lindquist (DJpubba) was the first ex GF staffer here other than you He gave me the heads up at any rate.

And I'm not trying to sway your opinion (D.H.), nor is mine based on what I read on the internet. I worked with the guy from issue one and have seen plenty of his "character" or lack there-of. If he has truly changed you'd think he'd try to make some sort of ammends or something. but that sure hasn't happened.

Anyways, glad there are no hard feelings about the character stuff

2. so...when is this thread going to get stickied?

3. Quote Originally Posted by djpubba

That's us making the magazine on my IIx. Left: Cockburn. Middle: Halvy. Right: Me. This was pre-issue one. Cockburn was taking a GameClub order.

Wow. Blast from the past! Lookit all that long hair! I have a pic or two I'll have to send you

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I remember being very "WTF" when I read that comic. Really, what was the point of it? A final "Fuck You" to the departing staff? What exactly went down before that issue went to press that inspired the comic? Did Rox, Halverson, and a bunch of others just walk? Weren't you guys coming back from a hiatus at that point?
    Halverson up and abandoned ship. He took some key people with him, promised to take others, but basically threw GameFan into a tail-spin. Those that stayed were pretty pissed-off yes. Jay Puryear came into my office and said, "T, lets say goodbye to some of our characters." I was surprised at how viscious he wanted me to go with. Any editors with sore feeling about that, my appologies. Halvy...? Well, I saw him one time after that at an E3 I think in Atlanta. And the one thing he said to me was, "You made E. Storm a drooling vegetable in the Mullet Ward?!!" He was pretty upset. It was pretty funny.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    so...when is this thread going to get stickied?
    It already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun
    Done for now. If things keep up at this rate it's worth the Stick Up.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Halvy...? Well, I saw him one time after that at an E3 I think in Atlanta. And the one thing he said to me was, "You made E. Storm a drooling vegetable in the Mullet Ward?!!" He was pretty upset. It was pretty funny.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. This has been an excellent read. Please keep the stories coming. And more pictures too! Hopefully other GF contributors will show up and add their 2 cents.

*subscribes to thread*

7. Here are the pics T sent me.

Wolfinger, Seltzer, Cockburn, Kuboki in Chicago. CES '93 or '94?

Lucifer.

Julie and Lucifer.

Mwhahaha!
    Last edited by djpubba; 03 Jan 2005 at 05:37 PM.

8. Now, far be it from me to criticize another man's wardrobe.. but..

9. why is there a big dookie spot on his denim shirt?

10. Something, um, accidentally, uh, fell on the picture. No, really it's just something that happened to the picture over the years. Same with the straw in his hair.
    Last edited by djpubba; 03 Jan 2005 at 05:14 PM.