Page 29 of 230 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Not a magazine story, but a staff story. The first and only time shidoshi has tried hallucinatory drugs. *heh* I'll use their magazine names, as not to directly use their real names. I doubt they would care, though.

I was roommates with Glitch, and one night his friend showed up with shrooms. Substance D soon showed up, and the three of them were going to enjoy some time doing that. Up until that point, I had smoked pot maybe three, four times in my entire life, so I wasn't exactly versed in the ways of those things. I was curious, though, and thought that if I was ever going to try something, I'd try something like that instead of something a bit more hazardous.

So, we took them, and then decided to walk up to the convenience store real quick to get something to drink. At first, I didn't thing I was feeling anything, and then all of a sudden I was in the store and I couldn't stop laughing. We get home, and we're sitting around in Glitch's room. I'm sitting there, sitting on the floor, leaning against his closet door. On his wall he had a poster for Battle Angel, the pic off of the DVD cover. Suddenly, Gally (the chick from BA), looks at me, smiles, and walks off of the poster. That wasn't what freaked me out - what I thought was freaky was that there part of the poster where she had been was perfectly fine, no hole cut out or anything.

Glitch and his friend get up and go outside, so it's me and Substance D there. Somehow the room's light had been turned off, but Glitch's TV was turned on to the video input channel, so the room was this strange blue color. His Saturn had also been turned on, and it was playing the music from Dark Reign, or something like that... it was a 2D fighter for Saturn. I remember sitting there, and the music was freaking me out so much, but I couldn't get up to turn it off. So, I begged Substance D to turn it off for me. He got up, walked over to the Saturn, gave it a look for a few moments like it was some sort of alien technology he couldn't comprehend, and want back and sat back down on the bed. A minute or so later, I begged him again to turn it off, and he got up, walked over to look at it for a moment, and then sat back down. This repeated probably five or six more times.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    Terry and I were metal heads. . . Here's a more current pic (from E3).
    And here's a link to a more recent pic of me as well, maybe a couple years old.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6664770/

Also if anyone's interested, there's a whole bunch of my newer art in the gallery here that's not anywhere else, including a lot of The Suffering character art.

3. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    I was roommates with Glitch...
    Hehe.

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    This repeated probably five or six more times.
    I can't blame him, messing with toasted people is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    Tyler costume, or do you beat down as a hobby?
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 03 Jan 2005 at 10:15 PM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    I can't blame him, messing with toasted people is a lot of fun.
    He was just as toasted as I was.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Lord god no. *heh*

6. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    He was just as toasted as I was.
    Hahaha, I thought he was only mildly toasted and was messing with you by acting like he couldn't turn it off.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. I remember the time I won Gamefan Online's 'pick a PS2 mascot' contest (of course, I entered a Photoshopped Dolemite pic). I won, but I never got the promised copy of "Without Limits", autographed by ex-Power Ranger Amy Jo Johnson.

I took a screen cap of my winning entry as it appeared on the GF Online page, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow when I get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Do You Like Erotic?
    I don't give a fuck what kind of drama went down with Nick Rox, he was the best damned writer Gamefan ever had.
    Agreed 100%. I loved Rox's stuff. Sure, he was completely insane and his opinions of games flip-flopped every other issue, but he was a great writer with tons of personality, uber-passionate about gaming, and a layout god.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Jan 2005 at 10:46 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    And here's a link to a more recent pic of me as well, maybe a couple years old.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/6664770/

Also if anyone's interested, there's a whole bunch of my newer art in the gallery here that's not anywhere else, including a lot of The Suffering character art.
    The Suffering was a cool-ass game. Nice work. What was the deal with that, anyway? I know Stan Winston Studios did the creature designs...did you do the official artwork based on their designs, or were you directly involved in the character/monster design process as well?

Heh, you have some Gamefan art in there...there's Chief Hambleton in his SWAT gear.

Hey, you did the cover for Kill Switch, too. Cool.

Holy shit, this is an awesome pic:
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Jan 2005 at 10:59 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Nick originally wasn't interested in getting to know me, because somebody in the office told him that I was hot for him in a gay love kinda way. *heh*

He is pretty hawt.

And you are pretty effeminate.

In other words, IBTN =D
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery