Page 5 of 230 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Ok this is for the September 1999 issue for a review for a 1996 Genesis Football game? Thats kinda odd. Or is that a Typo? I vaguely remember this stuff since I used to usually skip the sports section.

Btw whats the name of that fellow that loved VOOT and was named after a japanese fruit? I want to say Mongo but I know thats not right. His Gamefan online weekly articles where insteresting just to see in what way he would bring up VOOT.
    Last edited by x2y; 25 Dec 2004 at 04:56 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    shidoshi, something doesn't synch-up with the dates in that article. Was it the Sept'96 issue?, it doesn't seem like Sept'99 is correct. ..just a heads-up.

3. Quote Originally Posted by x2y
    Ok this saw for the September 1999 issue for a review for a 1996 Genesis Football game? Thats kinda odd. Or is that a Typo? I vaguely remember this stuff since I used to usually skip the sports section.

Btw whats the name of that fellow that loved VOOT and was named after a japanese fruit? I want to say Mongo but I know thats not right. His Gamefan online weekly articles where insteresting just to see in what way he would bring up VOOT.

Dangohead?

4. Dango[VOOT]

lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Why was there so little respect? Was he a horrible boss, secretly hated by everyone the whole time?
    When I worked with him he seemed to me to be the biggest bullshitting backstabber I'd ever had the bad luck to meet. If he's changed, that's great, but from what I've heard from PR folks who I talk to who have to deal with him still today, he treats them the same way.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerks
    Dangohead?
    LMAO Yea thats it!

Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    When I worked with him he seemed to me to be the biggest bullshitting backstabber I'd ever had the bad luck to meet. If he's changed, that's great, but from what I've heard from PR folks who I talk to who have to deal with him still today, he treats them the same way.
    Yup I can believe it. He is probably just playing that role now even if he is changed. I say that because everytime that his name is brought up anywhere someway, somehow those things you said there come up.

7. Even to someone who haven't got more than maybe 3-4 mags of gamefan and Republic this is pretty interesting stuff. Who else of the regular crew here was on Gamefan(if any) except you and MVS?

I'd like to know about the more about the gamego times too (only got a few messages through on the old board), got to do some digging..

And reading old news and predicitons can be fun, fatbabies:
    As the games industry continues to go through drastic changes and weeds out the winners from the losers, we predict both TDK and Digital Illusions heading for the bankruptcy house in the very near future. May they both rest in piece.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Well... I've really calmed down about Halverson, and I've talked to him on different occasions in recent years, and we've been pretty cool with each other. So, I don't want to sit here and point fingers and place blame and whatnot.

At the time of the split, it wasn't totally those who were "left behind" - a number of people, including me, decided to stay. I never felt like I got much of a chance under Dave's rule, I felt he didn't like to so much, and I felt that I'd have far more opportunity at GameFan once he was gone. Once he left, I had the chance to actually do reviews of some of the games I wanted to, and I was able to do anything I wanted to do with AnimeFan.

If you want to read about my past feelings about Halverson, then hit this link. It's an archived page from Fatbabies that came about when Halverson showed up on the GameGO message forum. As I said, I'm over all of that now, and I'm sure he's quite a different person now as well.

http://www.fatbabies.com/story_sept-oct01.html
    lol! That was one vicious assault. I had no idea there was so much bad blood. Talk about airing your grievances. Well, thanks for that link. Your rant is a fun read indeed.

And damn, that is so sad when Halvy talks about his hairstyle. How he says he didn't even know what it was called at the time and talks about cutting the sides short.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Core Boy
    shidoshi, something doesn't synch-up with the dates in that article. Was it the Sept'96 issue?, it doesn't seem like Sept'99 is correct. ..just a heads-up.
    Yeah, a moment of brain failure on my part. It was 1995, not 1999. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition
    thanks for the link... looks like i'm missing the catalogs 1-3 and the first two magazines.. along with the Street Fighter Alpha 3 issue(which i saw in the store once and didn't buy, damn) and the Soul Reaver issue. Also missing the last megafan.
    My guess is that finding the catalogs would be a hundred times harder than finding the first two issues of the mag. I think I've only ever seen one of the catalogs once.

The Soul Reaver issue was one that I want to say was featured at the E3 show of that year. Unfortunately, it was during a particularly bad time for getting the mag printed, and it saw only very limited release beyond that. My guess is that that issue is probably one of the hardest to find.
    Last edited by mollipen; 25 Dec 2004 at 06:31 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. ::does a double-take::

wait a sec, you almost got fired for having dyed hair?