Page 225 of 230 FirstFirst ... 211221223224225226227229 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Millar Time View Post
    Gentlemen,

A memorial podcast dedicated to Eric "ECM" Mylonas has been uploaded.

It features all of his closest friends (including myself) getting together and chatting about the great memories we have of his friendship.

https://www.podbean.com/site/Episode.../PB85C3A5I8AS4

It goes without saying that anyone who knew him was enriched by his presence and we are diminished by his loss.

Thanks,

Millar Time
    Thanks for posting this man. I'll give it a listen when I get home from work.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Listening to this now. Really enjoying it. I never even played Thunder Force VI before.

3. Someone posted about ECM's passing on Resetara, and it quickly devolved into people complaining about his political views. I'm fairly liberal, but I never knew much about him or his personal life. I did know his writing and about his time at GameFan. I enjoyed the ECM years, which seemed even more tumultuous than the Halverson years in terms of actually seeing the magazine in my mailbox every month.

Had no idea ECM was actively participating in any online communities, but it looks like they were communities I would've never found my way to anyway.

Anyway, RIP, ECM. I bought that one issue of GameGO! and I still have it somewhere.

Here is the Resetera thread if anyone is curious: https://www.resetera.com/threads/doe...-launch.39440/

4. Quote Originally Posted by Millar Time View Post
    Gentlemen,

A memorial podcast dedicated to Eric "ECM" Mylonas has been uploaded.

It features all of his closest friends (including myself) getting together and chatting about the great memories we have of his friendship.

https://www.podbean.com/site/Episode.../PB85C3A5I8AS4

It goes without saying that anyone who knew him was enriched by his presence and we are diminished by his loss.

Thanks,

Millar Time
    Thanks for sharing. Definitely going to check this out tonight.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

5. The guy on the Podcast who says "Hardcore Game Fan" every 5 seconds is driving me insane. Why didn't anyone let him know it's not called that?

I digress...

I had no idea he had a blog and a presence all over the internet. Was Waxing Erratic a fairly active blog? The one I can find only has two posts.

6. I couldnt listen to that podcast. It was...not good.

7. Yeah, I couldn't finish it.

It blows my mind that ECM's writing had some kind of relevance post-GameGo! with some people, though. I had no idea he was actively writing anything other than strategy guides. He really distanced himself from his old communities, or so it seems. He had a whole message board to himself!

Well, if Gamefan, Gamego, TNL, etc were anything, they were gathering places for people that gave people mountains of shit for any trespass.

9. Well, that fucking sucks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Well, that fucking sucks.
    How is it you're just now hearing about this Matt?