Page 215 of 230 FirstFirst ... 201211213214215216217219229 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Tom Petty died of an accidental overdose ... drag down my opinion of the dead
    Tom Petty did 50 shows with a broken hip and then died trying to take himself out of pain. You've just dragged down my opinion of you.

2. I now remember ECM's bio in Game Go saying something jokingly like "enjoying pouring acid on liberals" (I don't know where I put the magazine to check the exact words) but I didn't think much of it at the time. It is disappointing to find out he supported racism and sexism.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 21 Jan 2018 at 06:44 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Tom Petty did 50 shows with a broken hip and then died trying to take himself out of pain. You've just dragged down my opinion of you.
    Didn't realize that. I feel better about that now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I now remember ECM's bio in Game Go saying something jokingly like "enjoying pouring acid on liberals" (I don't know where I put the magazine to check the exact words) but I didn't think much of it at the time. It is disappointing to find out he supported racism and sexism.
    Because he was a Trump supporter? GTFO and go back to Resetera.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I think his Teepublic site sums up ECM's contribution to the gaming community pretty well.

Right alongside quality 16-bit t-shirts featuring niche '90s gaming properties (MUSHA, PC Engine, Toaplan, Raizing), he was selling redpill and GamerGate shirts. Maybe he was just trying to make a buck off the MRM movement, but I think there was more to it than that.

I'm sorry he's passed on. But whatever role he had in stoking the GamerGate disaster should be recognized as well. People like ECM did a lot of long term damage to the online gaming community.
    I’m sorry for the grief his friends and family have but the more I hear the less and less sorry I am that he’s gone.

And for the record I don’t have illwill From gamego, I know quite well that while he took the heat, it was just as much Tom’s fault. But if he was a redpill gamergater who was a regular on a far right shitblog than why should I be bothered by the news?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

The GameFan history thread

Because something something empathy for your fellow something.

7. Says the guy who's asking why anyone cares about anything elsewhere on the board

8. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Because he was a Trump supporter? GTFO and go back to Resetera.
    A good chunk of Trump's platform is racism. If a Trump supporter isn't okay with racism, they haven't been following the news very well. I'm not saying ECM was a bad person (I didn't know him personally). I have had older relatives that have said racist shit. I love them but that aspect is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Says the guy who's asking why anyone cares about anything elsewhere on the board
    So that isn’t the reason?

10. OK guys. I've asked multiple times to please stop bringing political bullshit into this thread over Eric's death. It doesn't matter anymore since he's no longer alive so I'm actually dropping a warning now. Stop shit posting or I'm about to start handing time outs because some of you can't be adults enough to respect that no matter who he voted for he was still a friend to a lot of people here.

Seriously grow up and show some god damned respect for the dead.

If anyone here had shit posted about someone you guys cared about that had passed away, I would have banned them so fucking hard on the spot. So please, Give the same respect here even if you didn't like Eric or who he voted for.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 21 Jan 2018 at 08:43 PM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL