Page 226 of 230 FirstFirst ... 212222224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. October 2017 to March 2018 I had a lot of personal things go very bad. So much so, that I got off the Facebook--all social media/steam-and have had to deal with things. Haven't posted since and don't go on it, apart from going on to remove the notifications.

Went on last night and had two friend requests. One was some woman whom I did not know and apparently had two friends in common. Looked at her page and it's his fiance with a picture and the dates of his life. Didn't seem possible, so I searched TNL figuring you guys would know.

Without Facebook or this I don't speak to anyone from back then and Eric and I hadn't had any contact in years.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    October 2017 to March 2018 I had a lot of personal things go very bad. So much so, that I got off the Facebook--all social media/steam-and have had to deal with things. Haven't posted since and don't go on it, apart from going on to remove the notifications.

Went on last night and had two friend requests. One was some woman whom I did not know and apparently had two friends in common. Looked at her page and it's his fiance with a picture and the dates of his life. Didn't seem possible, so I searched TNL figuring you guys would know.

Without Facebook or this I don't speak to anyone from back then and Eric and I hadn't had any contact in years.
    Damn Matt, well I hope things in your life are in a good place now. It hit a lot of us pretty hard myself included since I'd been good friends with Eric for many years. I hope we can see you around more here on the forums. You were always an integral part of this place so you've been missed.

If you want some more details on what happened, send me a PM and I'll fill in the gaps as best as I can.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. Yeah, fire away. Insert PSO joke here.

Yeah, hope things are getting better for you, man.

5. I'll echo Mzo and Bonus and hope things are going better for you man.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. I appreciate the sentiment, guys. Hit me pretty hard last night in the moment. Should have known TNL would bring me to tears.

He was a great friend to me once. More like a brother than my brother.

7. PM me BK and I'll give you my number if want to call. Might be in the # thread.

8. Man, reading through some of this stuff and seeing names is bringing a ton back. Wonder how much i remember accurately.

9. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about ECM. May he rest in peace.

That being said, it's enormously creepy to see his obituary published at an alt-right shithole website.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I now remember ECM's bio in Game Go saying something jokingly like "enjoying pouring acid on liberals" (I don't know where I put the magazine to check the exact words) but I didn't think much of it at the time. It is disappointing to find out he supported racism and sexism.
    It's ok to be white
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stroheim.gif 
Views:	213 
Size:	978.5 KB 
ID:	81602  
    Last edited by Sandman; 21 Jul 2019 at 05:01 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    It's ok to be white
    Is there any real reason you decided to post this bullshit seeing as you have a total of 3 posts ever in the entire time you've been here?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL