Page 222 of 230 FirstFirst ... 208218220221222223224226 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Hey, Shidoshi...long time no talk. There isn't much to see really, basically I reached out to everyone to see if anyone could get ahold of a family member, and made everyone aware of the news...at first of course most of us questioned whether it was true, since we couldn't find any other confirmation online anywhere and we aren't familiar with the site the obit was posted on. Jason reached out to Terrence but apparently he's pretty broken up about it and isn't talking to anybody - Kim managed to get ahold of someone he knew in the family and they confirmed it, but said they weren't reaching out to anyone because the family is still reeling from it. Pretty much everyone is just sad about it, but it wasn't a big trip down memory lane. Just everyone pretty much feeling crappy about it and wishing he hadn't made it so hard to stay in touch with him. He didn't really seem to want to stay in touch, though.

But yeah, it's not like we had a big reminiscing session or anything like that, basically just everyone feeling bad about it. As I said, I gave everyone the link to this thread...if they want to drop in and make a comment, they can.

One of these days, it'd be good to get the group together for a hang...but we're kind of all over the place, have families and careers and whatnot. So I don't know if it'll ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    Not going to say anything directly about the ECM situation yet, because I want to properly compose my thoughts.
    Hey Hi-Fi, could we get friended on Facebook (www.facebook.com/mollipen) so that I can be part of that conversation? Since you haven't been around to be kept in the loop, I am/was shidoshi. I can also help you connect with some of the other ex-staff you might not have on there. (I've been meaning to create a GF Facebook group for years but never have.)

2. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    You know, that's something I always liked about that guy. He turned me onto a lot of different shmups back in the day. Of course I took the weaklings way out and just emulated them but still, the guy had good taste in that category. I also remember him giving EGM shit for their Strider 2 review as well. I think he said that they hit the continue button over and over like sex crazed boys or something alluding to wacking off, I don't remember exactly. I thought it was funny and definitely true. You CAN restrain yourself, esp on an arcade port!
    LOL. EGM's reviewers deserved it. They probably couldn't clear even one stage of Strider 2 on a single credit, most likely ending up with straight E Ranks after credit-feeding the entire game to hell. You need to take no damage & get a high enough stage score (at least 4,000,000) to end up with a star instead of a letter. If you continue, you've blown it for that stage.

Here's a longplay of Strider 2 with star ranks on each stage. ScHlAuChi goes through it with both characters getting a 20M+ score each time.

Thanks to ECM I had gotten into import games, such as some Saturn/PS shmups. Whenever I bought a new GameFan, I looked forward to what ECM was going to say.
    RIP ECM. You are missed. Thanks for all you have done.

3. Quote Originally Posted by KD_Hi-Fi View Post
    One of these days, it'd be good to get the group together for a hang...but we're kind of all over the place, have families and careers and whatnot. So I don't know if it'll ever happen.
    Some of the guys and I have talked before about doing one when E3 is going on, since that tends to bring a few of us closer together at the same time. Maybe one of these days we could get it to happen.

And I happened to be going through GameGO #2 just a bit ago and came across this. I know ECM had to have written it, and I always got a kick out of the little inter-staff comments that became far more common during his era.

And since the costumes just keep getting better and better, we’re seriously thinking of getting involved ourselves: ECM as Terry Bogard (if he was Choi’s size); Shidoshi
    as Blue Mary (we’re not laughing); Haohmaru as Haohmaru (if he was white and really, really out of shape); and Kasumi as, heh, Kasumi (now that would be interesting).
    Last edited by mollipen; 24 Jan 2018 at 02:06 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. It really sucks to hear about ECM passing away. I thoroughly enjoyed his work. RIP.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

5. Heard about ECM today.

I got along with him, and I didn't get along with him. Haven't talked to him since GameGo. i feel terrible, all the same.

All the TNL, GF, and GG people I knew. I know I haven't kept touch. I hope you're all doing well tonight.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    LOL. EGM's reviewers deserved it. They probably couldn't clear even one stage of Strider 2 on a single credit, most likely ending up with straight E Ranks after credit-feeding the entire game to hell. You need to take no damage & get a high enough stage score (at least 4,000,000) to end up with a star instead of a letter. If you continue, you've blown it for that stage..
    EGM was right about Strider 2, though. Capcom should've used the checkpoint continue system from the original Strider.

7. Hey guys,

I amended the "ECM-era" issues of GameFan download link to separate PDFs (rather than one 7GB beast), the link can be found here:

https://mega.nz/#F!gwdEyaiQ!mTm6hMHLWEiAOU3YS4Zu5w

I also upgraded to a Pro account so there should be plenty of bandwidth for everybody.

8. Is that the infamous Miller Time that owned the rad gaming car?

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Is that the infamous Miller Time that owned the rad gaming car?
    Not sure about "infamous"... but yeah, it's me.

Mustang GT was sold years ago but I still love Dream Theater

I combined your car, and SSJN's car in my mind for years. Today is the first time I realized they were different cars.

At least I think it was SSJN's car. It's been a long time since I've thought about this.