Page 223 of 230 FirstFirst ... 209219221222223224225227 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2291

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. I believe his was a Mustang with Dream Theater's logo on the hood.
    Mine was the Sega Rally celica.

2. That Celica was amazing.

3. It really was!

Unfortunately, the vinyl the dude used to make the graphics didn't hold up well to either the Sun or our stupid cats. It was fading and chipping away. It also had over 250,000 miles on it, and things were starting to break down one after another.
    I gave it to my chick's dad last year. He has the desire and knowledge to toy around with shit like that.

Still, it was the best car value wise I ever had. Paid about $5000 for it, and saved that much in gas expense the first year I owned it (this was when gas was at its highest and I was spending around $200 a week to keep my Explorer filled). Though I'm unsure of how much it cost me in tickets and raised insurance costs because it drew cops better than Will Eisner.
    I got a solid 6 years of summers out it. Sucked to retire it.

4. Do you even have pictures of it?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. There's a few here on site.

Here's one I took of a dude taking a pic of it.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 27 Jan 2018 at 08:11 PM.

6. The car isn't even that fast, am I right? Police is really stupid as they are just attracted to the stickers. That's why I drive a Qship, no one knows it has a V8 in it.

7. No, it wasn't fast at all. The only mechanical upgrades the dude put in it were a K&N air intake kit and a set of headers. Douchebags would always pull up alongside and rev and I'd ignore them, partially because I'm too old for that shit, and partially because they'd win anyway.
    But it being so stock (and thus pushing 30mpg) was one of the things that attracted me to it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    No, it wasn't fast at all. The only mechanical upgrades the dude put in it were a K&N air intake kit and a set of headers. Douchebags would always pull up alongside and rev and I'd ignore them, partially because I'm too old for that shit, and partially because they'd win anyway.
    But it being so stock (and thus pushing 30mpg) was one of the things that attracted me to it.
    I pulled up to a light in my 95 Mustang GT. There was a man in his mid 60s driving a Dodge Viper. I cracked the window, because I wanted to hear what the Viper's Engine sounded like. I guess the old man thought I was wanting to race him, or something, because he gunned it when the light turned green. I didn't even have my car in gear and was just sitting there while he raced away.

I have kids wanting to race me in my RX7 all the time. It was a fast car for 1984 but I'm pretty sure a Honda Accord with a trunk full of groceries is faster at this point.

10. I had a kid with an old Jaguar, that was falling apart, tapping on his window and trying to get me to race him. The car was such a piece of shit, because of how well he took care of it. I later found out from a coworker that he knew the stupid kid.