Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod carrying cases

1. iPod carrying cases

I want to get a carrying case to protect my shiny new gift. Theres just so many on the shelf, though! My sister has an iSkin which seems pretty decent, and thats probably the frontrunner for me, but does anyone else have any experience with any others?

Its a 20gig 4th gen, by the way.

2. I personally like the Jam Jacket covers, available at http://www.everythingipod.com. That site has a massive listing of iPod cases for all generations, by the way.

I don't own a Jam Jacket, but the Apple guy at our local CompUSA has one and I messed around with it, it's really nice.

3. iPod Armor. http://matias.ca/ipodarmor/

It's damn near indestructible. Makes it a bit bulkier, but nothing bad has ever happened to my iPod since I put it in there.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    iPod Armor. http://matias.ca/ipodarmor/

It's damn near indestructible. Makes it a bit bulkier, but nothing bad has ever happened to my iPod since I put it in there.
    Thanks for the tip, but its $50 + $10S&H (!). Theres no way Im spending $60 on that thing.

5. Carrying cases are for gaylords.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

6. I suggest you buy a cheap leather one and just be careful. You're more worried about scratches than dropping it. Sure you're more careful than that.

Target has a 12.99 one. Looks cheap though.

Get that rubber one that slips over it.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Thanks for the tip, but its $50 + $10S&H (!). Theres no way Im spending $60 on that thing.
    I paid $50 at an Apple Store and skipped the shipping... didn't regret it. It's certainly steep, though. You can get good protection for less, but my iPod tends to get thrown around a lot. If you're not as hazardously clumsy as I am, it's probably too much protection. There's always the 3G model, which will more than likely fit fine, but the exterior has the 3G look to it. They're closing it out at $30.

Still, leather and plastic cases are a lot kinder on the wallet, yeah.

9. Do you want an actual cover-all case or just a protective outer cover? The iPod Armor is great for sticking it in a bag and keep it damn perfect, but you can't get at the controls. I suggest one of those semi-thick rubbery ones that slips over but leaves the controls open, and preferably one that has a film to protect the screen. They make ones like the Jam Jacket I showed that have film to cover the screen and a variant that has a thin plastic part over the controls as well.

Right now, I have the apple belt clip, and it does the job fair enough. Keeps most scratches off my iPod while it's in my backpack, but it slips out too easily (I have a new model in the old case) and I have to remove it to use the controls. Blah. I'm in the market for a cover as well.

Put it in your pocket. Stop being a metrosexual. kthx.

I bet they have some nice ones you can import from JAPAN you YOU KNOW WHAT!