Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Ys IV-The Dawn of Ys" Translation Patch.

1. "Ys IV-The Dawn of Ys" Translation Patch.

I've released a fully English patch to the public. I know we have some Falcom/PC-Engine fans around here, so I hope you'll enjoy it. Lemme know if you run into problems with the patching procedure.

Patch: YsIV(US)v95.cab
    Project Home Page (Urm, I know it's crappy. Don't remind me.)

Dubbing will be a separate patch available in the coming months (This patch includes a text file for the voice acting in the meantime). Here's a sample to check out that recycles some of Alan Oppenheimer's lines from Ys Book I&II.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys4pce45.gif 
Views:	661 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	13256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys4pce44.gif 
Views:	544 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	13257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys4pce38.gif 
Views:	599 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	13258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys4pce22.gif 
Views:	243 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	13259  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys4pce21.gif 
Views:	1183 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	13260  
    Last edited by NightWolve; 27 Dec 2004 at 12:51 AM.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

2. Sweet. I've played the SNES Ys IV and didn't really like it all that much, but I've heard Dawn of Ys is oodles better. I'll try it out as soon as I can scare up an ISO.

Keep up the good work, man.

Cool stuff. I have never been able to create a working burned PCE CD because I suck at that kind of stuff but I will give this a try some time.

4. The reason I haven't marked it 100% is I want to leave it open for any slight tweaks some might find would be beneficial towards improving the script. If you take the time to beat it, don't hesitate to leave some feedback if you find anything.
    Last edited by NightWolve; 27 Dec 2004 at 02:34 AM.

5. What do I do after I DL it? I'm a noob at this sort of thing and I have the original game. I assume I have to make an image of the game and add the file but how? Where?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    What do I do after I DL it? I'm a noob at this sort of thing and I have the original game. I assume I have to make an image of the game and add the file but how? Where?
    I did what I could in the README as far as instructions go. Check the "1. Ripping a CD image of your Ys IV disc" section. If you get stuck or something, PM or IM me. I'll walk you through it. Oh, and here's an old visual I've had for that, http://home.earthlink.net/~nlivaditi...i/index.html#8
    Last edited by NightWolve; 26 Dec 2004 at 11:48 PM.

7. wish i had an iso for this. regardless great work im sure. just wish i could appreciate it.

8. This thread reminded me that I don't have a working CD solution for either my TG16 or my PCE. I might just buy a Duo and get it over with. I'd really enjoy to play this in English. Fanwork like this never ceases to amaze me.

9. do you have a modded xbox? hugo for xbox is GREAT. ive gotten iso's to work on that, that would never work right in magic engine.

10. Thanks NightWolve. Will this work on the PCE-Advance emu for the GBA?