Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many videogame magazines do you have?

1. Ninja How many videogame magazines do you have?

How many of you out there collect magazines as well? It's a brand new year, and I've taken apart my room to organize and sort through what I don't really need.

I probably have around 1000 magazines as of today. I plan to keep them all for the day that I have my own home and turn it into a videogame museum of sorts for my own pleasure.

I'd like to archive them all in a database or something, but that is going to take way too long.

2. ya...lol...lets see here. I have probably around 500. I think it's fun to flip through them everyone once in awhile....especially the Gamefans and Next Generations. I even have the very first couple years of NG including the first issue. Anyone know if that first issue is rare?

3. I've recently sold entire runs of GMR, Play, Gamers Republic and Gamefan. I used to enjoy looking at them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi128

I probably have around 1000 magazines as of today. I plan to keep them all for the day that I have my own home and turn it into a videogame museum of sorts for my own pleasure.
    Are those all videogame magazines? I didn't think it was possible to own that many issues of those yet. That's like 9 years of 10 different magazines.

5. theres still a couple issues of Play i need (the neo cotra one and the December 2004 issue come immediately to mind) so if anbody is willing to part with issues im interested.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Are those all videogame magazines? I didn't think it was possible to own that many issues of those yet. That's like 9 years of 10 different magazines.
    I'm probably jumping the gun, but I'll be back with an official count.

I just found a Sega Visions without a cover from 1994. Good times.

7. I probably had around 500+, gathered from personal purchases, E3 and back issues that I used to take home from my job. I was too lazy to bother auctioning them, so they've taken residence at the local trash dump. (My GF issues though are still back at my old apt...one of these days I'll retrieve 'em).

8. I probably have 200ish as a rough guess. Nice and nostalgic to flip through.

9. I'd say mine was around the 500+ mark.

79 issues of Gamefan.
    4 issues of Megafan
    Every issue of Next Gen.
    13 issues of Official Dreamcast Magazine.
    2 Gamego (First issue of course)
    4 issues of Sega Visions.
    Just about every issue of EGM and EGM2.
    6 issues of (Very Cool!) "The Official Sega Saturn Magazine" from Europe.
    @25 issues of Nintendo Power (8-bit days)
    3 Issues of XBN
    @30 issues of Gamers Republic
    @50 issues of Gamepro (8/16-bit era)
    @20 issues of Game Players
    @12 issues of Ultimate Gamer
    @12 issues of PSM
    @12 issues of Official PSM
    6 issues of Intelligent Gamer
    6 issues of Games(TM)
    Every issue of Game Informer

And countless other magazines that didn't make the cut, like Gamestar, Incite and Ultimate Game Players guide.
    Last edited by gamevet; 01 Jan 2005 at 01:52 PM.

10. I know I've passed the 500 mark but I haven't went through and counted in over a year.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in