Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Ys IV-The Dawn of Ys" Translation Patch.

1. I think I have Ys IV still, back home at the parents house. I hope they can find it for me. I never really played it due to the language barrier. So I just download the patch, rip the PCE disc, and burn it together onto a new CD, pop it into Magic Engine and off it goes?
    No gnus is good gnus.

2. Quote Originally Posted by isamu
    Thanks NightWolve. Will this work on the PCE-Advance emu for the GBA?
    It says it can do some CDROM games, so you can try. You don't have to worry about the patch; you need the emulator to support the particular game. I know Ys IV works on MagicEngine, YAME, and PC2E. The latter two are freeware. Probably works all the way on Hugo! too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    So I just download the patch, rip the PCE disc, and burn it together onto a new CD, pop it into Magic Engine and off it goes?
    That's the idea, but if you're gonna play it on the PC, I recommend using daemon tools so you can play the image directly from the hdd rather than burning.
    Last edited by NightWolve; 27 Dec 2004 at 11:20 PM.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James

3. Nightwolve guided me through the process of patching and burning it. He's patient and very cool.

I've played this for about 2 hours and aside from the music outside of towns cutting out on me sometimes, everything else is perfect. This is so great, to be able play this in English!

4. I've yet to try this, but do plan on it.
    Does anyone know of any other fan translations of PCE games out there?

5. Did the first PC remake ever get translated? I know the second one did. I've been meaning to play I & II for like 15 years now but never owned the TG-16 CD drive.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerks
    Does anyone know of any other fan translations of PCE games out there?
    Yeah, I also did Xak III-The Eternal Recurrence. The only other completed CD-ROM projects are Motteke Tamago & Super Daisenryaku. You can check The WhirlPool for info. They also list about 9 HuCards that are WIP or finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Did the first PC remake ever get translated?
    I won't be bothering with it and I doubt anybody else will either given the Complete version. I think there was a project for it a few years ago but was dropped (might've been on the former jumpstation translations site).
    I've been meaning to play I & II for like 15 years now but never owned the TG-16 CD drive.
    That's what emulators are for. =)
    Last edited by NightWolve; 02 Jan 2005 at 11:11 PM.
    "Don't be a pansy." - James