Thread: Episode 2 question (spoilers)

1. Episode 2 question (spoilers)

Alright folks, it's come to this. I have seen episode 2 twice now and enjoyed it quite a bit. But there is one thing that has been bothering me. This could be considered a spoiler to some so I urge those who have not seen it to hit back immediately. Anyways, to the question. Before Anakin goes to kill those tuskin raiders he is talking to padme and the camera pans to view both of their shadows. My brother an I are convinced that Anakin's shadow closley resembles Darth Vader's sillouette. My friends think i'm crazy. I need a second and third and so on opinion on the subject.

Am I crazy???? Why else would they just pan to their shadows like that?

2. i remember the scene, but i can't get the picture in my head exactly. but it's probably a foreshadowing trick. like the plenty of lines throughout the movie that refer to events in the original trilogy.

3. i thought the same thing. it did look a lot like vader's helmet. i'm pretty sure they did his hair (with the tie in the back) that way to foreshadow his inevitable turn into darth vader.
    "Max: Should I confront, subdue, and pummel the suspected perpetrator Sam?
    Sam: Sick 'em up little buddy."

-Sam & Max, Freelance Police

4. Hmm, I havent noticed that, but if its there, then its a cool premonition, or as was said above foreshadow of the things to come.

5. Yes, forshadowing is what I thought. It would make total sense at that point in the movie because that is one of the key scenes where his attachments and emotions get the best of him and he moves closer to the dark side of the force.

6. I totally missed that part, but most of the middle half of that film had me fallin asleep already...

I'm betting the whole shadow of Vader deal was intentional. Lucas probably predicted most SW fans would catch the reference.