Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of Fighters '94 Rebout

1. The King of Fighters '94 Rebout

I just spent about an hour with Rebout:

FULLY ANIMATED intro...better than KOF Dream Match. All of the KOF 94 sprites are redrawn in high-res on (mostly) nice 3D backgrounds. There are no additional frames of animation. The music sounds like the Neo CD remixes (OG music is selectable). The game plays better than the original, and is more responsive and less clunky.

Also included is the entire original Neo Geo KOF 94 (seems to be converted to high res mode) and some movies telling the Orochi and Nests storylines.

The Limited edition comes with a KOF 10th Anniversary Cell Phone Strap, and a small Artbook/Mook. Best of all, you get a PS2 version of the Neo Geo CD controller (with extra buttons). This is hands-down the best control pad for 2D fighting games ever.

All in all, its awesome...

!!

Forgot this was out. This will be ordered tomorrow. I'm glad they left the frames untouched.

OG and REMIX music? OH HELLS YAH! If they can pull KOF 98' off right, goodbye AES.

3. As much as I like KOF, I have to say the sprites still look like shit.

4. If anybody purchases all of the SNK games required to get those Pinky:st figures, and helps me to get them, I will reward them handsomely.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Which SNK games are needed? I've bought most (possibly all) of their J-PS2 releases of the past year.

6. As much as I want this game... I know I'd only play it for 5 minutes or so before I went back to 98 on emu

7. I'm gonna try to be all over this when I get paid nicely.
    All is well.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    If anybody purchases all of the SNK games required to get those Pinky:st figures, and helps me to get them, I will reward them handsomely.
    I read that as "reward them homosexually", which seems to fall in line with the Pinky:st business.

Anyway, this package with Rebout and the NGCD pad is making me think a lot about finally modding my PS2. I don't really want to fuck with my working launch PS2, but I really want this. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by rectal_area
    As much as I like KOF, I have to say the sprites still look like shit.
    You expected any different?

10. Yuck

I'll try and acquire or rent a copy... I want to make a review or at least some impressions of my own. Of course, as since a good chunk of the original KOF '94 is intact, I've low expectations for this one.