Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The server is too fucking busy...

1. The server is too fucking busy...

For like a long time today or something..

Courtesy of Calliander...

2. not just today

ALL THE TIME. Fix that shit. Seriously

3. top tells me otherwise...

Well, just try again later you douchebags.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. I'm more amazed that I was in the TNL chatroom and JMET spoke.

6. I'm still looking into how I can setup some services to use less memory. Short of that, the only way to aleviate the issue is to throw thousands of dollars worth of upgrades at the server, which in the end would be a waste of money and overkill (if theplanet keeps the server, that is... Otherwise, Nick would get a fancy pants rackmount server to use at his place.)

7. I don't think that there is any issue severe enough that Nick needs to throw money at.

Poor guy spends enough on us losers as it is.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I don't think that there is any issue severe enough that Nick needs to throw money at.

Poor guy spends enough on us losers as it is.
    Sadly true.

9. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I'm still looking into how I can setup some services to use less memory. Short of that, the only way to aleviate the issue is to throw thousands of dollars worth of upgrades at the server, which in the end would be a waste of money and overkill (if theplanet keeps the server, that is... Otherwise, Nick would get a fancy pants rackmount server to use at his place.)
    Is Nick colocating a server/cluster somewhere or is TNL just running off a virtual grouping?

What's the amount of cash going into the TNL venture already, if I may ask? I might see if my buddy has any deals he can offer for better/more servers.