Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EA eyeing Capcom and Namco

1. EA eyeing Capcom and Namco

Electronic Arts is eyeing Capcom and Namco for investment, says Wall Street Journal. The American giant of the games Electronic Arts, that recently acquired 20% of the French competitor Ubi Soft, wants to consolidate its positionr with the purchase of an overseas producer, informs the Wall Street Journal. With $2.5 Billion in the safe for investments, the company would be eyeing American and English competitors - between them Activision, THQ, Midway and Eidos -, but in names also known of Japan as the Capcom, creator of "Street Fighter" & "Resident Evil", & Namco, of the series "Tekken" & "Ace Combat". EA also holds exclusitivity of the NFL brand in the production of games, the Electronic Arts has in its portifólio popular titles like "FIFA", "The Sims", "Need For Speed", "Command & Conquer", among many others.
    Was originally posted in the Wall Street Journal, apparently gone through foreign sites and back through Babal Fish, credit to some fag and GAF.

Why people continue to defend EA is beyond me. I still own several of their games, and I still want a number of them, but shit, EA eats the cock.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Good fucking luck to them, as they will probably need it.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Really Astro? I don't think Capcom's been swimming in cash lately, they may just take the chance.

4. EA sure needed a whole lot of luck to purchase that 20% of Ubi, too.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    Really Astro? I don't think Capcom's been swimming in cash lately, they may just take the chance.
    That doesn't really matter since I'm fairly sure they are a public company. There's no real majority shareholder to buy from (like Nintendo for Rare) and I think they'd have a fairly low liquidity. A hostile takeover is the only way, it's possible, but it would only prove how much EA are aggressive ciantes.
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 01 Jan 2005 at 08:28 AM.

6. Ya but they dont really need to buy a controlling interest. If they can convince say, 35% of the shareholders to sell at some slightly higher than normal price then they will have their feet in the door to purchase more at a later date.

7. That's very true, ala Ubisoft.

8. You guys are fucking rocket scientists.

9. Color me sick of EA acquisition threads.

10. It probably won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."