Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steel Battalion

1. I think the game itself sounds pretty cool, but it doesn't sound like anything that hasn't already been done in PC mech games. The controller on the other hand, looks really interesting. I just hope they release the controller in the U.S.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

2. Considering the controller has been heavily featured at a NA tradeshow and during trailers meant for NA distribution, I'd say it's pretty well a lock.

Doubt the production run will be especially high, though.

3. First off- Controller- Want!

Now on to the game I've seen previewed- What is the deal with the incredible croppping of the screen? Look at all the waste space on the right side, that'd better be used for something. I really hope the game lives up to its controller, because something is going to have to counteract the horrible amount of space around the view of the action. Hopefully there'll be a mode in there to make all that clutter go away. Seriously, I consider that view to be a major flaw.

James

4. Was this the game previously known as "Brainbox"? Just wondering...

5. I've seen the size of the screen before, and wondered why so much space was needed. However, there appear to be gauges there as-yet-unnamed, and there's a chance those will be the limb health gauges.

For those who don't know, as a limb gets damaged it will eventually cease serving any sort of function. You can then jettison the limb off, silmutaneously making your mech lighter and go faster. However, you do have to keep it balanced, so you need to watch what you drop.

6. Originally posted by SearchManX
    Was this the game previously known as "Brainbox"? Just wondering...
    Yes, then Tekki, now Steel Battalion. My favorite was Tekki, but they can call it "Hanky-Haul's Rodeo" for all I care, so long as it plays good.

7. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Yes, then Tekki, now Steel Battalion. My favorite was Tekki, but they can call it "Hanky-Haul's Rodeo" for all I care, so long as it plays good.
    I liked the last name too, Steel Battalion sounds kinda generic to me... I don't know why. Maybe it's the "steel" in the title...

8. I'll preorder it from Capcom.com and endure the potentially horrible shipping charges for this game and it's massive controller to get my hands on it. Even if its a limited release, I don't want to miss out.

I love mecha games and the Xbox seems to be getting a never ceasing supply of them.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2