I accompanied my lady to her cardio kickoxing form class today. They basically went over the correct way to hit the bag, etc.

They got an amazing workout, and had a great deal of fun, but I was constantly uneasy at the amount of confidence it gave the women in how well they could protect themselves. Don't get me wrong, if in a situation where she can't get away, I certainly want my girl to do all the ass-kicking she can muster, but at the same time, a lot of the things you do for a good workout aren't the things that are going to really get you out of a situation.

I think I'll have her take a rape-aggression-defense course or something similar, just so I know she wouldn't try to 1-2-3-kick! a rapist in a parking garage.

Thoughts?

(Please don't misconstrue this as negative to cardio kickboxing. It is an amazing workout. I just got uneasy in the way the teacher talked about hitting "the opponent" or "your opponent" or "the bad guy". That's all.)

PS: The instructer had a rock-hard body and some of the biggest fakest stripper cans I have ever seen. I couldn't look away, even for an instant.

Video of Billy Blanks getting KTFO upon request.