Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Fockers

1. Meet the Fockers

I saw this last night. It had the same feel as the first movie, so I enjoyed it. If you liked the first one, I would recommend it. I was worried that with such a large cast, the movie would be cluttered. The previews didn't make the movie look so hot either. They did a good job with the movie though. It's a good sequel.

2. I have yet to see it, but lots of the reviews were saying its like a 2 hour episode of "Darma and Greg" Which does not make me too excited. Even though I loved the first.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    I have yet to see it, but lots of the reviews were saying its like a 2 hour episode of "Darma and Greg" Which does not make me too excited. Even though I loved the first.
    That is the perfect way to describe it. Except I think Dharma and Greg would be better then this trash heap of a movie.

I didn't really like the first one, so that could have some influence on how much I like this one, but it's just so boring and the jokes aren't very inspired or funny. They recycle many jokes from the first movie, and then with the new jokes they use them so many times throughout the whole thing (fake boob, for example) that everything loses its impact too quickly.

Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand do a great job though, especially Barbara.

4. First one was way overrated. It had some good laughs, but overall was just ok.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    First one was way overrated. It had some good laughs, but overall was just ok.
    Well, you'll probably feel the same way about the second one. I don't think it's going to convert anybody. Like I said before, it feels alot like the first movie, so how you felt about the first is probably how you'll feel about the second.

The best threads are the ones that explain nothing.

Carry on.

7. Sound recommendation here. People say it's MotS, Despair thought the first one was medicore. This must be good then.

I wonder which will be the bigger disappointment, this or Anchorman. Actually, I don't think anything could beat AM in that regard.

8. I'm not a big comedy fan, but I did enjoy the first one. If the second one is just as good, I'll be well satisfied.

9. I fucking hate Dharma and Greg. I don't think hate is even a strong enough word.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Interpol

I didn't really like the first one, so that could have some influence on how much I like this one,
    if you didnt like the first why spend money seeing the sequel?