Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkness

1. Darkness

Couldn't find a thread for this movie and I'm not too surprised by this. We made the mistake of seeing it tonight. The trailers looked okay, the premise wasn't bad... everything in this movie was horribly executed and entirely predictable. And just when I thought we'd get a cool ending to make up for it... nope.

Nothing. I can't think of any reason to see this movie. Anyone else waste their money seeing this?

This is the one with Anna Paquin right? You should've saved your money for White Noise. At least that seems more interesting.

Hell, what do I know? I still want to watch the Fat Albert movie.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    This is the one with Anna Paquin right? You should've saved your money for White Noise. At least that seems more interesting.
    White Noise looks interesting indeed... but considering they cut a fucking amazing trailer for Saw and the film itself was less than fantastic, and this didn't have a bad trailer either, and... well, it sucked. I'm afraid White Noise is going to be a crushing letdown anyway, but of course I'll end up seeing it. And since I'll be back in Boston, it'll probably cost me $3 more than here to do it.

4. The premise for White Noise is 10 times better than all these psychological horror movies or whatever you want to call them put together. It also has Michael Keaten in it. For these two reasons alone I'm going to be optimistic about it.

It just seems well made and well thought out, whereas Saw and Darkness just blatantly look bad.

SHOULDA SAVED YO MONEY FOOL!
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

5. Even a cutie like Anna Paquin couldn't save this movie?

I have to admit, while I like that horror movies are kind of making a comeback of sorts, they're all exactly the same lately. Darkness, The Ring, Gothica, The Grudge...all stylish ghost stories. Oh, and all horror movies now have a hardon for the amazing twist ending!!!! If you ask me, not having a twist would be a twist to me nowadays.

Saw was a little different, but it sucked.

Renaimator. The Thing. Halloween. The original Friday the 13th. Now those are horror movies. Modern horror isn't grizzly or gritty, and everyone's too pretty.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Well, Dimension edited Darkness from R to get PG13 rating.

Havent seen it, so cant comment on if it any good.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Even a cutie like Anna Paquin couldn't save this movie?

I have to admit, while I like that horror movies are kind of making a comeback of sorts, they're all exactly the same lately. Darkness, The Ring, Gothica, The Grudge...all stylish ghost stories. Oh, and all horror movies now have a hardon for the amazing twist ending!!!! If you ask me, not having a twist would be a twist to me nowadays.

Saw was a little different, but it sucked.

Renaimator. The Thing. Halloween. The original Friday the 13th. Now those are horror movies. Modern horror isn't grizzly or gritty, and everyone's too pretty.
    i watched reanimator the other week and fail to see how it can be considered "horror".

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    i watched reanimator the other week and fail to see how it can be considered "horror".
    What would you call it, then? A musical?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    What would you call it, then? A musical?
    I'd call it a comedy.

It's violent, but it plays for laughs, not scares or shocks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    I'd call it a comedy.

It's violent, but it plays for laughs, not scares or shocks.
    Eh, it's more like half horror/half comedy. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, but it's a horror flick at its heart. Whatever you want to call it, it's a good movie.

BTW, my CD...?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 27 Dec 2004 at 05:15 PM.