Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice needed on HDTV gaming

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo
    Most flat panel TV's come calibrated horribly bright so that they draw attention and can be seen well under the bright lights of the showroom floor. CRT's are considered by the video community as being the most accurate, especially in the blacks, which competing flat panel technologies can't touch. If space is an issue though...
    I've also read that not only in displaying black but also pure white.

2. Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Many flat panel's white's have a greyish or tannish overtone to them.

3. Another issue I saw come up is that some new high end HDs are supporting 1080p, and that by next year a lot of the models will be supporting it as well. You might want to hold off until then (I know I am).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tonic the Drunkhog
    Another issue I saw come up is that some new high end HDs are supporting 1080p, and that by next year a lot of the models will be supporting it as well. You might want to hold off until then (I know I am).
    I did some work for an outfit that sells HD televisions at wholesale. She was talking about the television broadcast standard, being below 720p in the U.S. I guess you could wait and take advantage of 1080p through the new DVD formats, but as far as broadcast goes, waiting won't change anything.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I did some work for an outfit that sells HD televisions at wholesale. She was talking about the television broadcast standard, being below 720p in the U.S. I guess you could wait and take advantage of 1080p through the new DVD formats, but as far as broadcast goes, waiting won't change anything.
    yeah, it's not going to do much right now but in 2 years or so there will be 1080p content (blu ray, hd dvd, hopefully the new systems). I guess right now all you can do is hook your computer up to them and watch wmv hd, like terminator 2 and some of those imax movies.