Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: BattleStar Galactica (Is over)

1. My wife and I just got started on 2.5, and I've gotta tell you something: This is the most important show on TV right now. The allusions to terrorism are phenomenal. It shows what a populace living in fear might act like (at least in the earlier episodes). The allegory of cylon-as-muslim is an incredibly compelling way to analyze the show through. I' m really not into the the 'war-on-terror-fear-march' the country seems to be in, but this show, makes me think about the world we live in just a little differently. Can't wait to finish this season and start the third.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Best show on TV. Seriously. Hell, it's the best show I've seen in years, and I would *never* have watched it if a friend hadn't forced me to watch the miniseries on DVD.

MZO, FINISH THE DVDs FOR GOD'S SAKE.

Everyone else (especially those of you that hate sci-fi shows), Netflix season 1 or something.
    Last edited by epmode; 23 Sep 2006 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I found the end of season 2 disappointing. I don't think humans would be THAT stupid to just about lay down their arms and figure the future is all rosy and shit. That being said, 14 days to go.
    I didn't like the end of season 2, but I don't think it was unrealistic. It frustrated the hell out of me, because I would never make that choice. I don't want to drive this off-topic, but to me it was a liberal versus conservative thing. The liberals, like Baltar, believe that everyone is inherently good and that if we sit around a camp fire and sing songs, all the world's evils will go away. Conservatives, like Adama, know that's all bullshit.

4. New season starts in an hour. Pls stop talking about Lost for a second and watch this.

5. I watched the miniseries back in 2003 and I thought it sucked, so I didn't watch seasons 1 or 2, but after watching "the story so far", I'm sorry I missed out. I watched the season premiere this morning and I really got into it. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

6. Caught the Season 3 premiere on DVR today finally.

Very good episode. This one had a lot of original 'what the hell' moments.

-Was surprised by how old, fucked up, and "Ahab-like" Saul looked. The whole experience with being the Cylon's prisoner is going to make him even more bitter and full of hate for the Cylons as we saw. Especially when he finds out one is fucking his wife. Why was she still banging the Cylon? Wasnt their little sexual favor deal over after Saul was released? (well, I guess the obvious answer is she's a whore)Then she betrayed pretty much the entire human race with what she did at the end. I hope she dies in the worst possible way this season.

- Kara as a living wife-prisoner-concubine of the crazy looking cylon. Was wondering why the hell she didnt try to get away after she 'killed' him. I think I'm going to be nauseaus seeing her pretend to be wifey and earning the cylons trust for the next couple of episodes. Hopefully, she turns the tables on that dude quick.

- I lol'ed when Odama told his son to "get his fat-ass out of here". I dont know if I quite understand what Odama was telling Lee in the hallway.Is he splitting the fleet up again? Like Lee is taking a contingent to try to find Earth while his dad stays behind to save the others on New Caprica?

- The whole New Caprica Police Force thing was crazy. I guess its not too hard to believe that some people would be sick of all the running and fighting and just say "fuck it, lets join up", but still. It wasnt exactly paradise in this place after 4 months of cylon rule. What makes them think that would change? And I dont agree with the Colonol's whole terrorist suicide bombing thing. They stirred up a bees-nest of shit doing that. They should have just laid low until Odamas fleet came back.

- And Goddamn those next episode previews for spoiling the ending execution for this one.
    Last edited by Jetman; 08 Oct 2006 at 11:41 PM.

7. This season is gonna be amazing. The suicide bombing and the human police force both parallel shit that's going on in Iraq and previous wars. Tigh can't just stand idly by waiting for Adama. The suicide bombing is kinda extreme but he needs to keep the Cylons off balance. Collaborators have been a part of every occupation and is a means of control. In any case watch the webisodes to get more info on Duck (the suicide bomber) and Jammer.

8. Just saw this and:

1.) Sorry, humans wouldn't have been idiotic enough to think that they wouldn't be found, especially with Cylons living among them
    2.) Sending "Boomer" as the most integral part of the rescue team is ludicrous, considering all that has happened.
    3.) Baltar is a spineless piece of shit, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's revealed to be a Cylon at the end of this year.

9. I'm finding myself wishing they were back on Galactica already. I'm not buying "the resistance" thing and think the Cylons would've just nuked them and moved along as they have nothing to gain from the occupation.

Maybe next episode.

Anyone who owns a 360 and isn't sporting the free BSG theme is a pinko.