Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: '05 - anticipation and disappointment.

1. '05 - anticipation and disappointment.

Topic to discuss new releases. It seems like every band is releasing something this year.

I await Broadcast's offering and Of Montreal's Sunlandic Twins. You await Frances the Mute, don't you.

You can talk about your disappointment when they come out.

2. Francis the Mute, new Chilli Peppers, Debut Cog album, Probably new Tool.

3. I hear The Shins are working on a new album, hopefully we see that next year.

Other than that, I can't think of much.

LOL Guest
    Boards of Canada

5. Broken Social Scene is going to be putting one out, and i believe the target date was valetines day. A new Cansecos album is supposedly in the works too, which should be good.

6. Bruce Dickinson's new solo album, (the first since 1998's "The Chemical Wedding") is supposedly coming out in April. Also I keep hope out for a new Lorenna McKennitt album, although that might be coming out in 2006... she hasn't released a new one since 1997 - hella long time. Sentenced has a new one coming out this year, that should be great, possibly a new Edguy and Iron Maiden album as well (the latter is probably 2006). Oh and Therion might release part three of the Lemuria/Sirius B trilogy sometime this year. Borknagar is supposed to have an acoustic album (and they're a black metal band!) out this year as well. Persuader should be coming out with the new 3rd album, and Blind Guardian should be releasing something new as well.

2004 was a great year of releases for me personally and it'll be hard for 2005 to top it but we'll see.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

7. PREDICTION: Frances the Mute is a hideously ugly album, filled with meandering, worthless, hilariously bad lyrics, ridiculously awful sub-Pink Floyd instrument wankering, massively overproduced and amateurish attempts at epic songs, and the most awful singing youre gonna hear this year.

8. Nine Inch Nails in April

Blackstar is getting back together for another album with Mos is done promoting the New Danger and Talib is done touring. (I think he just finished up in Europe)

10. New releases from two of my favorite bands ever, Sigur Ros and Our Lady Peace.