Thread: His and Her Circumstances official thread

1. His and Her Circumstances official thread

So what is this series all about ??
    Is is a sexual tension-filled romantic comedy like Sakura Diaries (great series, grab the uncut Collectors set if you already haven't) or just a straight-up romance story ??

It's by Gainax, so I'm interested.
    So what's the word on His and Her Circumstances ??
    - Kabuki

2. Hmm...well, Sakura Diaries its not. Its more of the latter, but it has a broader appeal than that. There's a lot of great humor in the series and they really flesh out all the characters so its not just "the Arima and Yukino Show." The animation is pretty good for a shoujo series, a lot of the Gainax style with effective use of SD and text on the screen. The only problem is that the series doesn't have a real ending, but it doesn't leave you hanging too much. You can pick up the rest of the storyline in the manga anyway. All in all its still one of my favorite series and I liked it enough to import the first 3 region 2 dvds a couple years back. I'm hoping TRSI will do a good job with it, and from what I've read about their release it looks like they will.

3. I'm not much for shoujo, but Kare-Kano is easily in my top five favorite anime series. Very sweet, but also very funny. Great stuff. I didn't think this series was gonna make it overseas, and the fansubs I've seen were of horrendous quality. I may have to send a love letter to AD Vision for bringing it over.

4. Originally posted by Saint of Killers
    I'm not much for shoujo, but Kare-Kano is easily in my top five favorite anime series. Very sweet, but also very funny. Great stuff. I didn't think this series was gonna make it overseas, and the fansubs I've seen were of horrendous quality. I may have to send a love letter to AD Vision for bringing it over.
    Actually The Right Stuf brought it over. You can still send ADV a love letter for Excel Saga though