Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: PM Spamming

1. PM Spamming

So I found this in my PM box this morning:

Quote Originally Posted by Leguna
    Hi, I’m a member of many gaming forums and they all seem to suffer from some sort of major flaw; say it be a forum that’s run by jerk moderators or a forum that isn’t focused enough on gaming.

I’m sending this to you because I’m trying to round up the best members around to join the forum I have personally created and one that I personally moderate. I’m inviting you to at least give my forum a try, a chance to convince you that my forum (once it has enough people) will be the best gaming forum on the internet because it’s run by cool people and more focused on gaming than any other forum.

Thanks in advance. Here’s the link to the forum:

Finest Hour Gaming
    I didn't bother clicking on the link because I'm assuming it's BS, but is there any way to prevent PM spamming? Like we could block PM's from users with 0 posts or something?

How many other people got this message? I'm assuming he just went down the list and hit everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Yeah, I got it too. Meh, don't really give a shit.

3. I got it and made a call to arms in the Veterans' Board.

Opaque and I were preparing for a full on assault in retaliation with pictures of rotting genitalia and fat people doing the old in-out-in-out. But when we got there, we found out it was just this really talented artist guy that got marginalised on GamingAge, so he decided to make a crappy board and spam the hell out of "sister" boards.

He's just a desperate dumbass.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. But when we got there, we found out it was just this really talented artist guy that got marginalised on GamingAge, so he decided to make a crappy board and spam the hell out of "sister" boards.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I found.

I wanted rotting genitalia. ;_;

5. Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    So I found this in my PM box this morning:

I didn't bother clicking on the link because I'm assuming it's BS, but is there any way to prevent PM spamming? Like we could block PM's from users with 0 posts or something?

How many other people got this message? I'm assuming he just went down the list and hit everyone.
    There may be a hack available on vbulletin.org (if not, someone should get cracking on its development). Perhaps when cka becomes aware of this thread, he can check it out and investigate.

6. I've had people register on the boards just so they could PM me, and I see no reason to block people with zero posts from using any of the board's current amenities. Just report spammers to the management and let the bans be handed out.

HAY I DIDN'T GET INVITED!! =*(
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

maybe because you suck mzo, every thought about that?

9. I got invited too. I feel special. And now that I see Mzo was not invited, I see that the list was carefully selected.

10. I got it, slightly annoying.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan