Page 193 of 207 FirstFirst ... 179189191192193194195197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2061

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4

1. Yeah, I canned that Extreme run-through and am going for the solar gun.

epmode: suppoosedly you get statues for doing the first frog battle and the B&B battles with only tranqs/stun grenades, but you actually have to pick up the statues, you aren't just given them like the special masks. I got the frog one on my second runt-through but didn't know about how you got them till now, so I totally missed getting the others even though I had done what I needed.

Hopefully once you pick one up, you keep it for good, cause I just did the first frog battle again only using tranqs and it wasn't there. Guess we'll find out when I finish this run, but I am going for a ton of other emblems as well.

2. I'm holding off on extreme stuff til I feel like I know the levels inside and out, and that's not even taking the guards into account. It's gonna be intense stuff. I'm thinking about trying to pick up some of the wackier ones on easy or normal, the stuff with tons and tons of kills or alerts.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    Yeah, I canned that Extreme run-through and am going for the solar gun.

epmode: suppoosedly you get statues for doing the first frog battle and the B&B battles with only tranqs/stun grenades, but you actually have to pick up the statues, you aren't just given them like the special masks. I got the frog one on my second runt-through but didn't know about how you got them till now, so I totally missed getting the others even though I had done what I needed.

Hopefully once you pick one up, you keep it for good, cause I just did the first frog battle again only using tranqs and it wasn't there. Guess we'll find out when I finish this run, but I am going for a ton of other emblems as well.
    what's the solar gun do other than what I assume is vaporize all in your path? Sounds like a pimped-out rail gun.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    what's the solar gun do other than what I assume is vaporize all in your path? Sounds like a pimped-out rail gun.
    Supposedly a good gun to that knocks ppl out. Don't know if it is one hit no matter what difficulty or inf ammo, but thats what one guide I saw say makes doing the big boss emblem much easier.

5. Hm, so you gotta beat the game in Extreme Mode to get it though?

6. Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    Hm, so you gotta beat the game in Extreme Mode to get it though?
    No no. You just have to collect all the statues in any mode to unlock it. Supposedly it is just very helpful to have when going for the big boss emblem. I got to the first frog battle without too much trouble, but trying to only tranq enemies and not killing them, either I was getting killed or the rats were. So hopefully this gun will really help out.

7. The solar gun kicks ass - and the reason it's extremely useful on the hardest difficulty is not only due to it's ease of knocking out enemies, but the fact that a fully charged shot causes them to drop a shitload of ammo/gear boxes (which comes in really fucking handy since you can't buy tranq ammo on BBE mode)
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

8. Ok, finally got through this epic tale. And sadly its really mixed feeling. The presentation and gameplay was fucking great. But please tell me, HOW THE FUCK George Lucas got into Kojima;s head in the 2nd half of this. Some of the shit that happened in the act 5 really spoiled my enjoyment of this game. It was JUST LIKE in Phantom Menace, WE MUST STICK THE HAPPY END INTO THE VIEWER FACE NO MATTER WHAT ODDS OR SENSE IT MAKES.

Sorry for the caps, but it really bugs me. I mean, I am not against happy ends, but some of the shit here was horrible, even for Kojima's standards. I love MGS games, orginal MG was one of the first games I ever played, and I love character of Snake, that why some of the tacked on shit here felt so bad and made me and dj really sad
    Last edited by Despair; 22 Jun 2008 at 02:46 PM.

9. Act 3 spoilers:

I was like eww when Johnny shit his pants, then he saves Meryl takes off his mask and HOT DAMN is he fine! I could put up with some pants shitting for that. I also play with Snake's young face because the burnt side of his face makes me sad.

10. women.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322