Page 29 of 207 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Making Raiden the star of his own Metal Gear series would be like giving Jar Jar Binks his own trilogy of Star Wars films.
    Interestingly enough this is a pretty good comparison because both characters achieve the same goal - making the viewer/player uncomfortable. Of course that was not the goal with Lucas and Jar Jar (he just wanted some toy sales) but the result is the same as Kojima with Raiden, who was created to be that type of character.

2. Originally Posted by Will
    The part where Snake and Raiden fight for the starring roles can possibly reflect on the final gameplay in that you'll be able to play both characters for a certain amount of time and they'll be struggling for um.....the lead role.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Pass if true.
    Heh well I didn't mean fight literally for the starring roles.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Onimusha 3, Legacy of Kain Defiance, and Eternal Darkness where you take control of a protagonist for a certain amount of time then use another in a different mission. They could do it RE style and have different characters in each disc or do it in one. The Snake story has to have some closure though so I can see it being probably 60-70% Snake with the rest being 40-30% Raiden.

Originally Posted by Will
    Raiden got a huge push in MGS2 so I don't think they'll be wasting that opportunity. If anything like you guys said, Snake will probably die in a blaze of glory and pass on the torch to Raiden.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    So long as that happens in the last 6 seconds of the game, that's fine. Otherwise, fuck that noise.

MGS is Snake, either Solid or Boss, fuck the notion of a second throw with an uninspired, silly character for 90% of the game.
    Well yeah, the pass the torch thing should be done at the end. Doing it mid-game would feel lame. You're right about MGS being about Snake and Big Boss since their names are on each respective title but its not like an offshoot of Metal Gear with Raiden can't be done.

RE4 is a good example of a game having almost nothing to do with the ongoing story and yet still be excellent. RE didn't close out the Umbrella/Wesker story so you can do the same with Raiden but since both Snake and Raiden's stories are more intertwined it's harder to break off the protagonists since they're both after getting rid of the Patriots as well as Olga's kid. I wouldn't know what to call a Raiden helmed game though, probably just Metal Gear " ": <insert subtitle here>.

3. It IS pretty funny to still see people butt-hurt about Raiden after like 6 or 7 years. Itagaki must have a pretty long dick for it to be 2005 and it's STILL not quite out of these people's asses yet.

4. What the fuck are you babbeling about? Tomonobu Itagaki works for TECMO. Hideo Kojima works for Konami.

If you are going to insult a group of people, at least get that much right.

5. Bah fuck, Nip A Nip B

6. You make the other 6 functionally retarded posters that post here look good.

Hell, a used douche might supplant your position and be an improvement at TNL.

7. I guess you told me? MVS, if you haven't gotten a clue by now, you're guilty of far more grating stupidity than someone simply confusing two names that are ultimately inconsequential, when we all are talking about the same person. That's why I didn't bother to edit it. I simply don't give a shit.

8. I have no problem with Raiden as long as they toughen him up and uh....gets a crew cut.

9. So you can confuse him with '60's Ocelot?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin
    So you can confuse him with '60's Ocelot?
    No, so he wouldn't look like a bitch.