Page 6 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4

1. Quote Originally Posted by Raz0r
    The Metal Gear Solid series should end on a high note with Snake Eater and not make anymore.
    How often does a series get to end on a high note?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    How often does a series get to end on a high note?
    Franchises are made to be milked until they're dry. Unfortunate for us, but I understand why it happens.

I really would like MGS3 to be the end, but at the same time, there are other stories that I'd like to see told in the MG story, I guess. With MGS3, though, I had a different feeling than I did when I finished either previous MGS game. Finishing MGS, I just wanted to play more. When I finished MGS2, I was satisfied with the gameplay experience, but I wanted some sort of plot explanation I'd be satisfied with, and of course there was no such thing. MGS3 was pretty much satisfying in every way possible. It didn't stray from the Big Boss story, though I was afraid it would... and it would have been kind of cool to jump to events long after that. Seeing the older Big Boss and Solid Snake face off could have been awesome, but I'm happy it stayed in its era, told its story and nothing more, and finished what it started. It was just a well-told story with a fantastic ending. If Kojima steps out and an inferior product is produced, I don't think I'll be too torn up, because really, how much better can it get?

I'm just not sure where they're thinking about going from here, because really, no more has to be done.

3. Ok I just finished beating MGS2: Substance again and MGS4 will have to have Snake finally putting an end to "Liquid Ocelot" and finding out more about the mystery surrounding the 12 Patriots who seem to have been actually dead for 100 years according to Otacon.

I'm still not sure what to think about the conversation A.I. Campbell and Rose had with Raiden and just how much it actually factors into the overall story. I'm almost beginning to just write it off as the A.I. being corrupted into spewing this techno babble since Solid Snake's message to Raiden rung more true to him personally than the A.I. but it just keeps coming back to me as the most puzzling aspect of the whole MGS series.

Are we really supposed to believe that the events of Shadow Moses and Big Shell were simulations from the start for Snake and Raiden to test the S3 program? How would it exist back then when Emma designed and developed the G.W. after Shadow Moses? Or was the A.I. just trying to make sense of everything Ocelot and the Patriots planned with the virus now messing it up into thinking that it existed before it was created?

I'm also left wondering, who did Raiden interact with and talk to when he received the skull suit and nano-machines? I'm guessing the Patriots grabbed a hold of him after Solidus left Jack at his young age as a soldier and implanted him to get all the info Solidus got ahold of and kill him. The G.W. in Arsenal Gear in conjunction with the Patriot's plan probably started up once the mission began and Raiden started to believe that he was talking to Campbell and some of Rose after she announced she was pregnant.

The problem is we're told at the end by Otacon's revelation that there are no Patriots around (or at least the 12 on the highest part of the ladder) so it brings into question what's really going on with the Patriots and G.W..

Can anyone figure some of these answers out or will we ultimately have to wait until MGS4 to see all of these answered?

4. Can anyone figure some of these answers out or will we ultimately have to wait until MGS4 to see all of these answered?
    We'll have to wait until someone other than Kojima makes the game, because hes an idiot who cant tell a story.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    We'll have to wait until someone other than Kojima makes the game, because hes an idiot who cant tell a story.
    Heh I'll agree to some of that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    He can tell a story just fine. The problem is that he keeps letting his ego get in the way. When he reels in his ambition a bit, everything manages to come together. When he goes nuts... well...

7. Any future mention of "I LIVE ON THROUGH THIS ARM" pretty much will make any future games uplayable Will so I don't even know why you said that.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Raiden also needs to work out more to get rid of that girly hourglass figure especially in that suit he wore or at least make his character model a bit less sissy looking.
    Ya think?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Ok I just finished beating MGS2: Substance again and MGS4 will have to have Snake finally putting an end to "Liquid Ocelot" and finding out more about the mystery surrounding the 12 Patriots who seem to have been actually dead for 100 years according to Otacon.

I'm still not sure what to think about the conversation A.I. Campbell and Rose had with Raiden and just how much it actually factors into the overall story. I'm almost beginning to just write it off as the A.I. being corrupted into spewing this techno babble since Solid Snake's message to Raiden rung more true to him personally than the A.I. but it just keeps coming back to me as the most puzzling aspect of the whole MGS series.

Are we really supposed to believe that the events of Shadow Moses and Big Shell were simulations from the start for Snake and Raiden to test the S3 program? How would it exist back then when Emma designed and developed the G.W. after Shadow Moses? Or was the A.I. just trying to make sense of everything Ocelot and the Patriots planned with the virus now messing it up into thinking that it existed before it was created?

I'm also left wondering, who did Raiden interact with and talk to when he received the skull suit and nano-machines? I'm guessing the Patriots grabbed a hold of him after Solidus left Jack at his young age as a soldier and implanted him to get all the info Solidus got ahold of and kill him. The G.W. in Arsenal Gear in conjunction with the Patriot's plan probably started up once the mission began and Raiden started to believe that he was talking to Campbell and some of Rose after she announced she was pregnant.

The problem is we're told at the end by Otacon's revelation that there are no Patriots around (or at least the 12 on the highest part of the ladder) so it brings into question what's really going on with the Patriots and G.W..

Can anyone figure some of these answers out or will we ultimately have to wait until MGS4 to see all of these answered?

The Patriots apparently do exist if you've played MGS3. If you need me to elaberatore more I will do so through spoiler tags.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

10. Yes he did. He also said he may end up doing 4 if Konami made him. He talked like he had no control over it. He asked for the mag to put the quote on the cover so that Konami will take him seriously about not wanting to do it. It was a good interview into the mind of Kojima too.
    DAMN sounds like Konami is making Hideo it's bitch!!!!!
    he has to resort to telling a magazine to send out a secret message to tell his bosses to not force him to make more MGS games is a new low
    he deserves more respect