Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4

1. MGS 3 should've had an over the shoulder camera like RE4. With no radar, it would've been nice to be able to see in front of me like a regular person.

If MGS 4 has no radar, then they need to do it RE4 style.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Nay on the taking out the codec stuff, they are still a very cool way of communication in the MGS games, I'd just keept it short and sweet unless used to do a special development.
    Agreed, though I can easily see how people have come to hate the codec. It's cool for bits of mission info or to quickly advance a plot point, but not for 20+ minute conversations. When Snake was introduced to The Boss in MGS3 and they had that conversation about "loyalty to the end" I wanted to slit Kojima's throat with the fucking DVD.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    MGS 3 should've had an over the shoulder camera like RE4. With no radar, it would've been nice to be able to see in front of me like a regular person.
    So..., right now, you can see the back of your head when you walk?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    When Snake was introduced to The Boss in MGS3 and they had that conversation about "loyalty to the end" I wanted to slit Kojima's throat with the fucking DVD.
    Jesus. None of you people will ever be satisfied. The endless codec conversations from MGS2 were cut down to next to nothing for MGS3, and people are still bitching. Would you rather they told the story without any radio communication at all? Or perhaps no dialogue would suit you even better?

Yes, the conversation in question was on the long side, but I don't think it was unneccessary.

And yeah, a different camera setup might have been good for MGS3. I mean, I did fine with the gameplay once I got used to the different structure, but switching to first person mode constantly was a little awkward at first. It'd be nice to have a view where you can see what Snake sees and still move around.

5. It's not like it's gonna be a surprise. Metal Gear Solid has always been about long cutscenes. If they rub you the wrong way, go play something else.

6. RE4 had codec conversations.

7. I love that game too.

8. The Metal Gear Solid series should end on a high note with Snake Eater and not make anymore.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Agreed, though I can easily see how people have come to hate the codec. It's cool for bits of mission info or to quickly advance a plot point, but not for 20+ minute conversations.
    I'd chalk this up to one of the other flaws of MGS2 (other than the story) that went too overboard with the codec conversations. From all the Otacon stuff to the A.I. General.

I just went: "Wow, what the fuck?"

*Taps buttons*

When Snake was introduced to The Boss in MGS3 and they had that conversation about "loyalty to the end" I wanted to slit Kojima's throat with the fucking DVD.
    Heh yeah it was longer than usual but I didn't think it went too out of hand, it establishes one of the game's themes. Like Grave said, the MGS3 codec convo's were pretty well done and were to the point like MGS.

As far as perspective changes go, I don't know if I'd alter it drastically like RE4. I'd definitely put that in as an option but not the permanent perspective. I'd probably just have the FPS style of walking and gunning and using items instead of using that perspective for only looking around and aiming.
    Last edited by Will; 04 Feb 2005 at 02:20 PM.

10. I liked the crazy ass AI General in 2.