Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Westone Game Found

1. Lost Westone Game Found

So this is interesting. Ryuichi Nishizawa (director of the Monster World games, and co-founder of Westone) tweeted that he recently uncovered a floppy disk containing the final source code to Westone's final arcade game, Clockwork no Aquaria. It now seems that the data on this disk is intact, and Nishizawa is working with friends from M2 to attempt to compile it into an emulatable form, although it is not yet 100% clear of all the necessary data is there. The plan seems to be to release this in a playable form if at all possible.

I don't know a lot about the game itself, other than that it's a 2D side scrolling arcade title that they did location tests of a largely complete version in 1993 before cancelling it.

2. Helllllo kickstarter.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Helllllo kickstarter.
    I don't think there's much to Kickstart here. If the files are complete enough to get a running game from, they're going to put it out.

4. Yeah, MAME that mother and let us enjoy some more Westone 2D love.

5. Nishizawa using MAME is neat.

Obviously, I really want to try this. I think Westone's arcade games are their best.

So this is what the tweet in Japanese meant a couple days ago.

7. Here's the only known screenshot of the game:

8. Sweet. I'd rather pay for this though, because i am a happy consumer.
    Donk

9. I'd imagine you'll eventually be able to do just that if M2 gets it running.

10. I'm guessing this may be on System 32. So far, it looks good. They'll probably want $10-$15 on XBLA/PSN but I'd pay it. It sounds like this suffered the same fate as Recalhorn (come on Taito, get that out on XBLA/PSP/PSN- and maybe hire M2 for the emulation), where a good game would be cancelled just because it wasn't a fighter or beat-em-up.