Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockstar announces new GTA, Midnight Club 3 for PSP.

1. Rockstar announces new GTA, Midnight Club 3 for PSP.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050110/105132_1.html

Rockstar Games Announces PSP Handheld Entertainment System Lineup
    Monday January 10, 7:55 am ET

A New Grand Theft Auto Title and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Available This Spring

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 10, 2005--Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO - News), is proud to announce Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and a brand new iteration of Grand Theft Auto for the highly anticipated PSP™ handheld system. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and the new Grand Theft Auto title, which will be set in Liberty City, are being developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with Rockstar San Diego and Rockstar North, respectively. Both titles are expected to be available near the launch of the PSP handheld system in North America and Europe.

"Bringing two of our most successful game franchises to this thrilling new platform not only gives us an opportunity to create a new dimension for these already extraordinary series but also allows us to begin to explore the full potential of the PSP handheld system," said Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Sony's extremely impressive technology has allowed Rockstar Leeds to do more on a handheld machine than we could have ever imagined. We are very excited for gamers to experience these two genre-defining franchises in a fashion that could have never before been possible on a portable system."

"We are working very closely with Rockstar North and Rockstar San Diego to ensure that both Grand Theft Auto and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition remain faithful to the initial vision of these respective franchises," said Gordon Hall, President of Rockstar Leeds. "We understand that gamers' expectations will be very high for new PSP handheld system titles and we are confident that we can deliver exhilarating experiences that will set the standard for what a PSP game can be with Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and our new Grand Theft Auto title."

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition has previously been announced for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.

Man, my penis grows harder for the PSP every passing day, and frankly, I've got a very, very fucking hard penis.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

There was no question this day would come, but Nintendo had better get something ready to counter it.

GTA on PSP?

PSP wins, it's over.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    There was no question this day would come, but Nintendo had better get something ready to counter it.
    They already lost.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

What does "lost" mean? Making less $10s of millions in profit?

6. I'll wait to see the game first. I'm skeptical at how much performance they can get out of the PSP without diminishing battery life or graphical content.

I mean, if it turns out to be just GTA 3 with a few new features, is it still a killer app?

The news I found more encouraging was Dark Cloud 3 for the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by toxic
    I mean, if it turns out to be just GTA 3 with a few new features, is it still a killer app?
    No, especially with 3 hour battery life.

8. Quote Originally Posted by toxic
    From a mass-market standpoint? Yes. It will sell like crazy and Nintendo is in big trouble.

Sony wins, 1 to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

I still question whether GTA and portables have a large, overlapping market. How many adults, or even high schoolers, play portables in long enough doses for GTA to be useful?

10. not many. but that's going to change.