Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio/Video Editing

Audio/Video Editing

Just wanted to see if any other TNLers do A/V. Share your thoughts on gear, your tips and tricks on recording/editing, whatever.

2. paging Cheebs...

3. Just getting into audio shit. Should get my cheap ass gear today (soundcard, pre-amp and condenser mic). I'll record a song for TNL!

4. One of my resolutions for this year is to learn audio editing. Once I get my electric guitar Ill dive right into it.

5. I've done audio, worked with everything from a 424 in my basement, to 16 track digital and the convienence of acid 4.0 (which is really all anyone needs nowadays).
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

D= zomg, wrong board

Quote Originally Posted by youandwhosearmy
    I've done audio, worked with everything from a 424 in my basement, to 16 track digital and the convienence of acid 4.0 (which is really all anyone needs nowadays).
    I don't really find Acid to be a great audio program. Loops, yes, that's what it's primary app is. Multitrack recording, no. Motu 424?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mykozo
    I don't really find Acid to be a great audio program. Loops, yes, that's what it's primary app is. Multitrack recording, no. Motu 424?
    Tascam 424 analog, first thing I ever owned.

And acid is fine for a solo guy. I mean for live bands, no its not particuraly great, but from being a guy who used to do all this shit on an analog recorder in his basement, its a huge step up. The quality that comes out of any digital program though can be as good as studio quality, as long as you wanna spend the time properly doing it.

I just prefer Acid's Interface to other digital programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

9. Uhhh, I've made songs on MTV Music Generator, recorded them on my computer and compressed them to MP3--does that count as audio editing?

10. Quote Originally Posted by youandwhosearmy
    Tascam 424 analog, first thing I ever owned.

And acid is fine for a solo guy. I mean for live bands, no its not particuraly great, but from being a guy who used to do all this shit on an analog recorder in his basement, its a huge step up. The quality that comes out of any digital program though can be as good as studio quality, as long as you wanna spend the time properly doing it.

I just prefer Acid's Interface to other digital programs.
    Ahhh, yes, I had one of those PortaStudio's as well. Did alot of cool stuff on it. I will have to disagree on the quality of digital though. Just like programming, shit in, shit out.