Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Activision is looking for a buyer AND Rupert Murdoch wants into the game industry?

1. Whoa Activision is looking for a buyer AND Rupert Murdoch wants into the game industry?

I saw this tasty morsel and was more than a little surprised about a couple of things in it, first and foremost that Activision is looking for a buyer, and secondly that News Corporation, headed by Rupert Murdoch, is interested in buying a game publisher. I just don't know if I'm ready for a game with a Fox News flavor.

Speaking at a conference in Phoenix, Arizona, Mr Chernin said News Corp, the media and entertainment group led by Rupert Murdoch, together with other media companies, was "kicking the tires of pretty much all video games companies". This included Activision, the Santa Monica-based video games publisher that is seeking a buyer, Mr Chernin said.

2. Rupert Murdoch is already in the game industry. Its called Fox Interactive.

3. Rupert Murdoch.... awww man.

Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Rupert Murdoch kicks ass. Fuck all of you.

5. Awesome. OC: The Game. Bill O'Reilly's Karaoke Revolution.

The cross-branding potential is fantastic. Synergy + 10.

6. Quote Originally Posted by toxic
    Awesome. OC: The Game. Bill O'Reilly's Karaoke Revolution.

The cross-branding potential is fantastic. Synergy + 10.
    You didn't mention The Simpsons or Page 3 girls, -9.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. Fox in games = awesome games get cancelled late in development, replaced with half-baked game equivalents of stuff like Glutton Bowl or Method & Red.

8. Here's looking forward to the PS2 release of Who's your Daddy?

9. Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Rupert Murdoch kicks ass. Fuck all of you.
    Rupert Murdoch is a fucking asshole. Watch OUTFOXED you poor uneducated masses........that is just the tip of the iceberg.

10. Quote Originally Posted by SoldatoJ
    Rupert Murdoch is a fucking asshole. Watch OUTFOXED you poor uneducated masses........that is just the tip of the iceberg.
    I hate it when people get mad at me when I refuse to watch their inane documentaries. Please stop.