Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Activision is looking for a buyer AND Rupert Murdoch wants into the game industry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Kentaochstoffe
    The hate torwards foxnews is really strange, why is it so wrong to have a channel dedicated to conservatives? Why should tv-news be so diffrent from newspapers? Isnt better to have a choice?
    Conservatives already have a way to communicate their message to a wide audience of supporters. It's called religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentaochstoffe
    Fox tv and fox movies makes alot of great stuff, the game department will probably follow suit.
    Uh, no. When FOX TV resorts to censoring Family Guy episodes retroactively they lose any modicum of self-respect they might have had.

FOX Movies making great stuff? LAWL.

Besides, FOX itself already had a shot at gaming and they dropped the ball. They made like seven games with the Lithtech engine and only three of them were good; AvP2 and both NOLF games.
    Last edited by g0zen; 19 Jan 2005 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Sure, you can make a token "Blow up the Arab while flippin' off Frenchie" game
    Sold.

Conservatives already have a way to communicate their message to a wide audience of supporters. It's called religion.
    You're an even bigger idiot than I thought if you think that religion enters the equation for more than about half of the conservatives, which is probably about the same as liberals.

Besides, FOX itself already had a shot at gaming and they dropped the ball. They made like seven games with the Lithtech engine and only three of them were good; AvP2 and both NOLF games.
    3/7 is better than Square, Sega, or Namco in the last five years.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    You're an even bigger idiot than I thought if you think that religion enters the equation for more than about half of the conservatives, which is probably about the same as liberals.
    I think it enters into the equation for atleast half of America, much less just rank-and-file conservatives. There is no denying last year's election was won by forcing a standoff between the educated and the faithful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    3/7 is better than Square, Sega, or Namco in the last five years.
    That's some pretty weak competition to put them up against, though. I mean, as a PC fanboy, you should be defending them against the likes of Konami or BioWare. Besides, you're completely forgetting the economics in play. Despite making garbage rehashes of previous franchises, atleast two of your examples turned profits.

FOX Interactive didn't turn profits. That's why it's dead (or was it swallowed up by Vivendi?).

I think it enters into the equation for atleast half of America, much less just rank-and-file conservatives. There is no denying last year's election was won by forcing a standoff between the educated and the faithful.
    I love the eltist liberal stance that these are mutually exclusive. Why does John Kerry go to church? To not pay attention and to live on an expense account? Oh, wait. That's why he's in the Senate.

That's some pretty weak competition to put them up against, though. I mean, as a PC fanboy, you should be defending them against the likes of Konami or BioWare. Besides, you're completely forgetting the economics in play. Despite making garbage rehashes of previous franchises, atleast two of your examples turned profits.
    Valid points all around. If you thought that way politically, you wouldn't be a member of the ass party.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I love the eltist liberal stance that these are mutually exclusive. Why does John Kerry go to church? To not pay attention and to live on an expense account? Oh, wait. That's why he's in the Senate.
    It isn't as naive as your statement that less than half of conservatives are religiously motivated. I don't see how you can make yourself type something so obviously false, wishful thinking or navel gazing I'd imagine. Keep that up and you'll be well on your way to becoming a good liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Valid points all around. If you thought that way politically, you wouldn't be a member of the ass party.
    Yes, because abandoning artistic quality in favor of cold, heartless profit is the key to an ideal society. Count me out. Thanks.

0/2.

7. Conservatives already have a way to communicate their message to a wide audience of supporters. It's called religion.
    And? I consider my self somewhat of an conservativ and im an atheist. Conservatism and religion is not the same thing. But that wasnt my point. The point is that there is a double standard. Why is it ok with politcally slanted newspapers but not tvstations? Tv is mature enough medium, its time to move on. Just like i dont want to read the sun i dont watch fox. The more oppinions aviable the better..

Uh, no. When FOX TV resorts to censoring Family Guy episodes retroactively they lose any modicum of self-respect they might have had.
    All commercially driven tvstations censors it self. Besides they brought shows like simpsons on the air..That got to be worth something.

FOX Movies making great stuff? LAWL.
    You do know what 20century fox is right? They have made and funded thousends of films.

Thats a couple of great games that got funded? Whats wrong with taking a few risks? Personally i dont give a fuck about bad games..
    Last edited by Kentaochstoffe; 19 Jan 2005 at 01:38 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kentaochstoffe
    And? I consider my self somewhat of an conservativ and im an atheist. Conservatism and religion is not the same thing. But that wasnt my point. The point is that there is a double standard. Why is it ok with politcally slanted newspapers but not tvstations? Tv is mature enough medium, its time to move on. Just like i dont want to read the sun i dont watch fox. The more oppinions aviable the better..
    You and Yoshi can deny it all you like, but it's painfully obvious that modern day conservatism is fueled primarily by religious fundamentalism.

Also, the problem isn't with print journalism or talk radio being slanted, which they clearly both are in opposite directions. The problem is that they are both slanted because being vitriolic of the other's opinion is sensationalized and gets the public reading and / or listening. The problem is a cultural one, not a political one.

All commercially driven tvstations censors it self. Besides they brought shows like simpsons on the air..That got to be worth something.
    That would almost be a valid point if you had any idea what 'retroactively' means. It means that FOX took an episode that had already aired unedited and censored it, blatantly kao-taoing to the new FCC's garbage puritanism.

You do know what 20century fox is right? They have made and funded thousends of films.
    Including such craptacular gems as Aliens vs. Predator. So, what's your point? Like any big studio, they have a disproportionate amount of crap instead of quality.

Thats a couple of great games that got funded? Whats wrong with taking a few risks? Personally i dont give a fuck about bad games..
    Do you even understand what you're saying here?

9. You and Yoshi can deny it all you like, but it's painfully obvious that modern day conservatism is fueled primarily by religious fundamentalism.
    Calling the avarage american fundamentalist is rich.

Also, the problem isn't with print journalism or talk radio being slanted, which they clearly both are in opposite directions. The problem is that they are both slanted because being vitriolic of the other's opinion is sensationalized and gets the public reading and / or listening. The problem is a cultural one, not a political one.
    And what is the problem with that? Dont read it if you dont want to.

That would almost be a valid point if you had any idea what 'retroactively' means. It means that FOX took an episode that had already aired unedited and censored it, blatantly kao-taoing to the new FCC's garbage puritanism.
    And? All american tvshows are "censored" and toned down. Fox is no diffrent. They dont even swear on these series let alone show any sexual or truly violent material. Get hbo or watch it on dvd.

Anyway fox produces some of the best non-hbo tvseries.

Including such craptacular gems as Aliens vs. Predator. So, what's your point? Like any big studio, they have a disproportionate amount of crap instead of quality.
    Who gives a fuck if company a releases shitty games, movies, books what the fuck not. I dont buy those, I know what i like and buy strictly quality. And i think most people do aswell. The more games or choice i have the better.
    Last edited by Kentaochstoffe; 19 Jan 2005 at 04:09 PM.

10. Maybe this will mean more military games (like Galipolli or Breaker Morant), there's not enough of those...
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 19 Jan 2005 at 05:05 PM.