Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vampire Hunter D novels

1. I went by borders today and they had it on display. Barnes N noble can really suck sometimes with their ordering.

2. I've read the frist two and just started the third. I love these books, a lot of fun. Though the word miasma is use way to much in them.

3. wow I like this! I will wait for the released I love to read those stories rather than viewing it, it feels like I am in the story nor I can relate on it, it's just like I am one of the characters in the story.

4. I've finally began reading the 3rd book after finishing some other stuff I had started. So far the movie is very different than the book. I'm trying to wash the images that anime has out of my head so I can read this fresh and clear and make my own images.

Just like the other books, once I get to reading them, I don't want to put em down till the end. Hope to finish this soon so I can fully compare the movie and book.

5. Fuck yes! Vampire Hunter D is the shit.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    So far the movie is very different than the book. I'm trying to wash the images that anime has out of my head so I can read this fresh and clear and make my own images.
    i started reading a few nights ago (snatched the only copy at the closest B&N some weeks back... fuckers) and it's hard trying to read the book without comparing it to the film. i mean, when i saw it back at the Big Apple Anime Fest in 2000, and then bought it on dvd, that's all i had to go on. so automatically those are the only images/character designs i see as i'm going along.

7. Yea I had a VERY hard time doing that also, about halfway through the book I ended up finally having my own images for Boragaff and Kyle. The anime and book are like night and day. Characters, story, events and everything are different. Once you get about 1/4 through it totally goes into unfamiliar territory and is not ruined by the anime...so expect some surprises.

8. Volume 4 is out now and I picked mine up. Like always, I gotta hurry and finish the book I'm reading so I can get on this. I'm really looking forward to this one since its new and no movie has been made for this one.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial View Post
    Yea I had a VERY hard time doing that also, about halfway through the book I ended up finally having my own images for Boragaff and Kyle. The anime and book are like night and day. Characters, story, events and everything are different. Once you get about 1/4 through it totally goes into unfamiliar territory and is not ruined by the anime...so expect some surprises.
    ok, so i finally finished reading the third book (got lazy), and this pretty much sums things up. i wouldnt say that everything between the two are different, but a majority of it is. both follow the same plot, but the events are told differently where things in the anime didn't even happen at all in the book. the sand manatees? nope. there was a battle in that desert area instead. the final section at the castle/space port was told differently, too. i was pretty surprised at how the book told it but underwhelmed at the same time because the anime made it exciting and dramatic. and the Markus' are really dirty in the book. they still retain the money-hungry, best hunters of all time attitude, but when you learn a bit more about them it's really wtf. Grove telling Leila that she belongs to them was really disgusting.

it's good, i liked it and they're both different enough, but i thought the anime was a tad bit better overall. i'll probably put the Blood novel on the back burner and start up the 4th book soon. also waiting for the 5th book to come out. supposedly it was this past August, but it never showed up at any of the bookstores i stopped off at.
    Last edited by Ashen Victor; 25 Sep 2006 at 05:36 PM.

10. Yea I've been hunting the 5th book for awhile now, I'm beginning to wonder what is the hold up. I read/finish em as soon as I get my hands on em. I really enjoyed the 4th book and its a fast read.