Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vampire Hunter D novels

1. I finally found book 5 and began reading it. This one has a bit of some mystery so far and I'm enjoying it cause I want to find out the answers to the mysterious dream. I'll probably finish this one quick like all the others.

I just finished volume 5, and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit more interesting that the floating city one. It's worth noting that the quality of the translations is still pretty high, otherwise I don't think I'd ever bother with the books, even if it Vampire Hunter D.
    The only thing I believe in is burning passion.

3. Yea I finished it awhile back, it was a rather quick read for me. I think I enjoyed the floating city one better, since it had a lot more and better action. Volume 5 started out pretty good and interesting, but by the end I was a lil confused. Plus I don't really think things tied up so well at the end. I was still left with a few questions about the cause of events and stuff.

I see your point, and agree with you on the ending which was kinda cliche. But I thought the sensory detail and the surreal dream elements made for a satisfying read. Kind of almost poetic, but still the fun of a Vampire Hunter D story. I think the floating castle story would make the best movie/OVA though.
    The only thing I believe in is burning passion.

5. The bio-chemical brothers were pretty neat, too bad they didn't come in till late in the book. The part at the Sheriff's farm was pretty cool too. Flesh beasts and HUGE chickens. The idea for the flesh beasts was kinda neat, but if you think about it, it was creepy and cruel.

6. Volume 6 is out now. This one snuck up on me and I just happened across it at B&N today. I'm gonna tear thru this one soon. Also the cover picture is my favorite so far.

7. Update:

I just finished volume 6 and this is my favorite book of em all so far. This story is full of action and has some nice surprises at the end. The bullow brothers are also pretty bad ass. This one would make a great movie also, hopefully they don't make this a live action.

Also there is a freaking HUGE Amano Vampire Hunter D art book out now also. Its not hard to miss at your local bookstore cause of its size. I need to get that also.

8. I've been meaning to post about this for awhile, but been too busy or forgot. I finished up volume 7 awhile back. In the afterword the author says this book is canidate for a NEW vampire hunter D anime. The other consideration is to remake the first one. My vote is leave the first one alone and give me a new movie based on volume 7+8.

Also volume 7 is pretty good, it seems he had a ton of ideas for a story and went with em. Volume 7 is so huge that it continues in volume 8. So expect tons of crazy characters, lots of mystery characters, items and background info. As always its neat to read and see each new bad guys special power/move/weapon. I also have a feeling these 2 books will maybe give a lil more info on D's past. They do also give more info on the past world when nobles ruled which I also enjoy.