Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Painting for Sale

1. Oil Painting for Sale

Here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

I'm trying to get this out of my house - not to mention I need all the extra income I can get if I'm gonna move in the summer. So if you like the look throw out a bid!

I think you guys have seen this before - it's a painting I plugged a while back and have online at my DA site. And like it says....yes those are characters from SW:G in the foreground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Giltch Guest
    That painting is pretty bizarre. I don't know how comfortable I'd be having it on my wall, especially with that cat starring...

dogs cats and bobba fet? wtf?

Haoh wins at 5 bucks. If you die, it'll be worth a million.

How much can someone usually make on an amateur painting? This one was really nice (only because it was weird as fuck and would encourage coversation)

Shit, I kinda wish I won it now
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. Damn man, I wouldn't sell any of my paintings for five dollars. They all have more meaning to me than that. Are you OK with parting with it for a measly $5.00?

JM

The paints and canvas probably cost more.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. The paint and canvas definitely cost more. A cheap canvas at the size of his painting is already $10, and cheap paint is $6 per tube.

I can't imagine amateurs can sell their work for much until they start approaching professional quality work. Before that, you have to accept that you won't make a lot of money... or you know a lot of people that don't mind doing you a favor. I sold a painting once for $100 a few years ago, not because it was awesome, but because my mom's friend wanted to be nice. So I threw away or gave away pretty much almost all of my work from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    I can't imagine amateurs can sell their work for much until they start approaching professional quality work. Before that, you have to accept that you won't make a lot of money... or you know a lot of people that don't mind doing you a favor. I sold a painting once for $100 a few years ago, not because it was awesome, but because my mom's friend wanted to be nice. So I threw away or gave away pretty much almost all of my work from last year.
    I'd pay you for artwork for a CD or LP cover.

9. Crap, I meant to bid on this and totally forgot about it.

10. Maybe Haoh can get you a print