Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Spider-man 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I have no idea.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    I want to see it, too, but I've read quite a few bad reviews of it.

I knew I was going to have problems with this movie when they announced Hedorah (Smog Monster) would only appear onscreen for about 10 seconds. I mean, this is the monster that handed Godzilla his ass when they first met, and now he can't even last 10 seconds?

And even with the huge monster count, they are all beaten within seconds (except uber-Gigan and Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah). There's more Matrix-style fighting with mutants and humans than monster fighting.

Bleh.

Like I said, I still want to see it, though.
    Well, at first I was worried with the initial reviews. But then I read a slew of reviews that said it basically takes Honda's 70s films and beefs them up with insane fights and a much quicker pace. The main gripes people have had are with humor added in (i read there is a scene where Minya drives a truck...lol wow...er yeah...) Otherwise the general consensus has been it's a great movie if you enjoyed stuff like G vs Gigan, Megalon ect. beyond their outright campiness.

FW is actually supposed to be less campy then the 70 movies (to a degree), the alien villians are supposed to be cheesy but very cool. The one thing all the reviews have in common though good or bad was that it will divide the fanbase much like GMK did (which I liked but was poorly ecxecuted IMHO considering Kaneko directed it, his Gamera films are kaiju masterpieces so it was a let down) You either like it or won't. I like both the Honda and "Heisei" Godzilla movies pretty equaly so I'm not worried (myself). I just don't want the fights to be as uneven as they were in GMK (where the big guy basically just had to hit his opponent once to kill them and Ghidorah's fusion with Mothra added almost no punch to the finale, he still died just as easy)

OK, sorry for taking this OT.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 21 Jan 2005 at 11:15 PM.

4. You bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Looks like Venom MIGHT ACTUALLY BE THE VILLAIN IN 3...

http://filmforce.ign.com/spider-man/.../585132p1.html

Nothing's confirmed, but the fact that Rami talked about him, and acknowledged that the fans want him in the flick, is promising.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by dolemite
    Looks like Venom MIGHT ACTUALLY BE THE VILLAIN IN 3...

7. WTF is that?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    WTF is that?
    Kraven laughing at you, for suggesting that he wasnt going to be in Spiderman 3.

9. That's Kraven?

Well, it's a step up from his happy lion outfit, at least.

10. NOTHING is a step up from that, do you hear me? That's the fucking landing, it's what you climb stairs TO GET TO.

Anyway, I don't care who they do for Spiderman 3, it's going to be great either way. Both movies were awesome, with the sequel far surpassing the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo