Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comics

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Yeah, there are very few comics that are really worth anything. You need to wait a few decades and hope all the other comics that other people own are destroyed.
    I'm guessing that most of his comics are from the early to mid 90s when the market was incredibly oversaturated so I doubt his comics will be worth anything even in 20 years.

;_; I just wanted an online price guide. Or maybe some message board urls that people sell their comics on.

YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN T_T

3. Google is your friend.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/

4. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    bunch of xmen stuff, spiderman stuff, death up superman/reign of superman stuff, X factor.

I may also put up my savage dragon stuff, but I'm not sure.
    $25 is a great deal for you. Sell. Now.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach
    $25 is a great deal for you. Sell. Now.
    =/ not really, its more like 300 comics. A lot of them are from 1985 to 1989

6. Quote Originally Posted by Master at the start of the thread
    ...If you are too lazy to look up their values from a place you reached through google (just type comic price guide)
    Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    ;_; I just wanted an online price guide. Or maybe some message board urls that people sell their comics on.

YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN T_T
    TNL Helps those that help themselves.

And, TNL loves you. Amen.

7. If they're from 1985-1989 you aren't gonna find anyone whos gonna buy them at guide price unless you find a complete sucker or a desperate completist. If you have some important first appearences seperate them and try to sell those at somewhat below guide price, but just junk the rest. Story arcs mean nothing since graphic novels reprint most important arcs nowadays and modern variants always mean nothing to serious collectors. $25 is still a good price even if you were selling 500 comics. You aren't gonna make any money off of comics unless you're a comic book shop or seriously jumping into the gold or silver market.

Think about it this way, a comic shop will probably only buy from you at a price of about a nickel or dime per comic if your lucky. Thats cause they'll most likely drop that entire collection into dollar bins where they'll have a greater chance to move and at that rate probably only about 15% of what they bought will actually get sold. No one buys back issues at guide price that are older than a year or two from release nowadays.

If you want to make the most out of it put the whole lot on eBay which will probably net you 25 bucks. If you have some good complete runs of a certain artist or writer or a complete series you might get a little more is you sell those in a pack on eBay. Otherwise look for a complete sucker that you can talk into spending a lot of money on worthless comics.