Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Vikings

1. Minnesota Vikings

Last week's victory over the Green Bay Packers was a huge win for the organization. Next season, with just a few good free agent moves, this team can become competitive. Maybe even look into getting a new coach. The big thing is if they are willing to go out and get them. I am not dissapointed with this team this season at all. They made the playoffs with an 8-8 record and got revenge on the Packers by beat them at Lambeau Field. I never expected the Vikings to get this far.

They went into Veterans Stadium going up against a tough defense. Even though I wasn't expecting them to have a great game on offense without Terrell Owens, they did. I still don't think they will win the Super Bowl if they were to get that far.

Daunte Culpepper had a brilliant season, putting up huge numbers and he's not even in his prime yet. The Vikings also realized we just don't have Randy Moss to throw to, but they also have Nate Burlerson, Marcus Robinson, and Jermaine Wiggins.

I just wish I didn't make so many bets on this game. I owe $45 to my friend (I owed him $15 on the game againt the Eagles and so we double-or-nothing and added $15 to it), $10, and a $5 bet. So in total I owe $60 come Tuesday.
    Last edited by The Chronicle; 16 Jan 2005 at 04:26 PM.

2. 8-8 is a great season? I guess Viking fans have really low expectations.

3. is this thread reallly neccesary? i mean i understand you're upset with the loss but this could've gone in the NFL thread.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

4. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    8-8 is a great season? I guess Viking fans have really low expectations.
    Yeah, it was great season cause we actually made it this far. It was an improvement from last year. With some changes now, they can get even further next season.

Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    is this thread reallly neccesary? i mean i understand you're upset with the loss but this could've gone in the NFL thread.
    Yeah, it is neccesary.

5. I dont think Tise is coming back, I think the vikings will have some serious personel changes to make in the coaching staff, they have the talent but need the right gameplan.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

6. Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    I dont think Tise is coming back, I think the vikings will have some serious personel changes to make in the coaching staff, they have the talent but need the right gameplan.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. They have all the talent in the world, but Tice is just horrible.

7. Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle
    Yeah, it was great season cause we actually made it this far. It was an improvement from last year. With some changes now, they can get even further next season.
    They collapsed down the stretch exactly like they did last year, dropping 7 of their last 10, but managed to back into the playoffs because the NFC is really weak. Hell of an accomplishment, Vikings, hold your heads proud.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle
    Exactly what I'm thinking. They have all the talent in the world, but Tice is just horrible.
    Their offense is stacked. On D they have Antoine Winfield, Kevin Williams, and a big pile of suck.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    They collapsed down the stretch exactly like they did last year, dropping 7 of their last 10, but managed to back into the playoffs because the NFC is really weak. Hell of an accomplishment, Vikings, hold your heads proud.

Their offense is stacked. On D they have Antoine Winfield, Kevin Williams, and a big pile of suck.
    They made the playoffs and that's all that matters. I don't care how they did it, but they did. Then, they ended up beating Packers, a team they lost to twice in the season, at Lambeau Field. That's an accomplishment, obviously not as good as the Super Bowl, but it was an improvement from last year.

The Vikings offense needs nothing, on defense, I think what they have is enough, but they just need a better defensive coordinator, and basically a new coach. However, some new additions to the defense wouldn't hurt.

9. Terrible season. The Vikings have proven a couple of points yet again:

1) Tice isn't the man for the job.

and

2) Culpepper can do some things well, but thinking certainly isn't one of them.

They're never going to go anywhere.
    bastard of the new world order.

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle
    I owe $60 come Tuesday.
    My buddy lost $20,000 on these four games.

They got stomped at Lincoln Financial, not the Vet.