Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zelda 2

1. In the Japanese FDS version you could pick which stat you wanted to bump up at level-ups. That would've been pretty cool, but the downside is whenever you save/quit, all your levels reset to whichever ability is lowest.

They put it to good use here:
    http://bisqwit.iki.fi/nesvideos/movies.cgi?id=185

2. Quote Originally Posted by toxic
    I think the real proof is that Nintendo never tried another Zelda 2 playstyle in the 2d format again.
    this would be a lot better if i could quote it - Miyamoto stated in an interview sometime before the release of the Zelda Gamecube collection, that Zelda 2 was one of his favorites. He said some more specific things like he was happy with what they accomplished, or something. And I swear I remember reading him saying that he had similar ideas in mind still, and that they had something special planned.
    That something special was probably the Zelda collection disc, but one can always maintain a dilusional hope of a another action-platform styled Zelda.
    Last edited by Core Boy; 17 Jan 2005 at 11:45 PM.

3. I think Shigero was hinting at the new mario game for the DS.

4. Bah screw you guys. Zelda 2 is imo the best Zelda to date. I beat it in 3 and a quarter hours.

It was just too different for fans of zelda, same goes for majoras mask. Gamers today want the same shit with a good upgrade. So ghey.

5. Quote Originally Posted by toby
    I think Shigero was hinting at the new mario game for the DS.
    Are you remnant?

I personally loved Zelda 2, I thought it was a great departure for the series. I though have never beaten it due to the hell of a maze castle that is the last castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Wrong. I absolutely loved Zelda 1, played both games right when they came out and still loved Zelda 2.
    Me too.

I can't say I was let down by Zelda 2 at all. Is it my favorite of the series? No, but neither is the original.

I commend Nintendo for being willing to take some chances with their top-tier franchises. That's one of the reasons why I think Majora's Mask is the best Zelda...nothing plays like it.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

7. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    I'm not following you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Hello there! I'm everybody's good buddy sarcasm! I'm sorry that this is apparently the first time we've met, but now that we have I hope we can be BEST FRIENDS!

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Yes, because I remember years ago when RE4 came out I thought it was the most amazing thing ever. But now going back and playing it I see it wasn't as good as I remember.
    I laughed for a good solid minute at this. Genius.

On Zelda, I've been hoping for a long time that Nintendo will do another Zelda game in that gameplay style. Maybe on DS?

9. Zelda has a lot of other issues as the series progresses.

It seems that non-linear Zelda's are GONE possibly forever. The best part of Zelda 1 and 3 (I never tried to sequence break Z2) was being able to play the dungeons out of order to accomplish certain things in different ways.

Also what needs and NEEDS to come back is items that are totally found just y'know, out in the middle of no where. Like the Magic Cape in Z3 or like, the power bracelet in Z1. Or key items that you simply save up for and buy in a shop, like the Candles or the Magic Shields in Z1 or something. Maybe that's just me.

2nd Quests would also be a bad ass idea but probably would be too hard to implement in a modern day setting. I could go for a hard as balls Zelda again.

And for Christ's sake, GIVE THE WIZZROBES THEIR BALLS BACK! I swear all the Wizzrobes in the latest Zeldas are so pussy.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html